• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Our captain

Grimes needs to go in the summer. He's the captain of our worst team in nearly 25 years and he just coasts. Week in week out, he just coasts. I've never seen him lose his rag. I've never seen him bollock a team mate - and God knows there's been more cause to do it this season than at any other time he's been captain. He is, quite literally, one of the worst leaders I've ever seen, in any sport.

He's a massive part of the problem at the club. He sets a really toxic on-pitch culture where everything's just too nice, too passive, too timid; no one wants to fall out with each other, no one challenges each other, no one calls each other out on anything. It's absolutely pathetic, and the complete opposite of a high performance culture.

Would be one of the first out of the door for me.

Grimes needs to go in the summer. He's the captain of our worst team in nearly 25 years and he just coasts. Week in week out, he just coasts. I've never seen him lose his rag. I've never seen him bollock a team mate - and God knows there's been more cause to do it this season than at any other time he's been captain. He is, quite literally, one of the worst leaders I've ever seen, in any sport.

He's a massive part of the problem at the club. He sets a really toxic on-pitch culture where everything's just too nice, too passive, too timid; no one wants to fall out with each other, no one challenges each other, no one calls each other out on anything. It's absolutely pathetic, and the complete opposite of a high performance culture.

Would be one of the first out of the door for me.
I think there’s has to be an element of player power in amongst the squad. And if he’s dropped then there could be a mutiny amongst this squad. So is that the reason why the likes of Cooper, Martin and now Williams will not drop him, even though he’s been substandard more often than not? If Williams was a bold man, he’d do what’s right and drop him. And if there is a revolt of some sort, then get rid of those players.

I think there’s has to be an element of player power in amongst the squad. And if he’s dropped then there could be a mutiny amongst this squad. So is that the reason why the likes of Cooper, Martin and now Williams will not drop him, even though he’s been substandard more often than not? If Williams was a bold man, he’d do what’s right and drop him. And if there is a revolt of some sort, then get rid of those players.
Maybe Cooper, Martin, Duff and Williams just think he's a decent player and there are no underlying reasons as to why he's constantly been picked by six consecutive managers if you include Potter and Sheehan.

Maybe Cooper, Martin, Duff and Williams just think he's a decent player and there are no underlying reasons as to why he's constantly been picked by six consecutive managers if you include Potter and Sheehan.
That’s what I think too. Average championship fodder, not good enough to be taken with anyone to their new clubs but good enough to be in the team and an incredible injury record means what you get, you get every week. His total failure at Elland Road where he was laughed out of the club raised real doubts of anything consistently better than mediocrity. He’s improved since, but not as much as he’s been valued. I think he’s worth his place in the team, and tries as hard as he can within his limits, but leadership, or ‘x factor’. Not in a million years.

If we need a reset, can’t help but think he has to go, or be marginalised. He is the epitome of possession for its own sake football.

For me Harry Darling is the nearest thing we have to captain material, and have to agree Grimes is the polar opposite to captain material...

That’s what I think too. Average championship fodder, not good enough to be taken with anyone to their new clubs but good enough to be in the team and an incredible injury record means what you get, you get every week. His total failure at Elland Road where he was laughed out of the club raised real doubts of anything consistently better than mediocrity. He’s improved since, but not as much as he’s been valued. I think he’s worth his place in the team, and tries as hard as he can within his limits, but leadership, or ‘x factor’. Not in a million years.

If we need a reset, can’t help but think he has to go, or be marginalised. He is the epitome of possession for its own sake football.
Some harsh language in there.

Grimes should play because, looking at the squad available, any 11 without him is weaker than any 11 with him.

He’s no captain and I agree that Darling is probably the best bet but he’s rarely been a regular starter and has frequently been played out of position.

We’re basically a shower of shit.

If Matt Grimes was half as good as some proclaim him to be then he wouldn't be playing at Swansea as we would have cashed in some tie ago

The fact that he is still here tells you that nobody has shown any real interest in him so he is probably an above average player playing in a very average team of midfielders.

Grimes should play because, looking at the squad available, any 11 without him is weaker than any 11 with him.

He’s no captain and I agree that Darling is probably the best bet but he’s rarely been a regular starter and has frequently been played out of position.

We’re basically a shower of shit.

Darling is often as criminally AWOL in his position as Grimes is in his. You're basically robbing Peter to pay Paul if you take the armband off one to give to t'other, it's a waste of time.

The truth is we don't have one proper leader in the entire squad and that is terrifying.

Darling is often as criminally AWOL in his position as Grimes is in his. You're basically robbing Peter to pay Paul if you take the armband off one to give to t'other, it's a waste of time.

The truth is we don't have one proper leader in the entire squad and that is terrifying.
The point is it has to be given to someone so who’s your choice?

It amazes me how people expect so much, lets get rid of so and so and somehow replace with a much better invisible player who's been here all along. Who's that then?

Of course, our signing record means we'll sign 10 times the player come summer.

Be careful what you wish for.

There’s absolutely no doubt he’s a decent player. His abilities are more than decent.

The problem is that most of the time he just picks up the easy pass and then offloads the easy pass. There are vital moments in matches where he kills momentum by not pressing the point.

The frustration grows because of his status as captain, therefore seemingly undroppable. He has no leadership qualities and (increasingly with Martin) we’ve regressed into having to make all of our plays through him which for the majority of times is the reason our play is so slow.

He either needs a rocket up his hoop every game or we need to get rid and look to improve.

Grimes gets the most stick because he gets most of the ball. Teammates look for him before looking forward. Few players offer for it or make intelligent runs (notice Ronald's movement has decreased dramatically since arriving). Grimes is the head above the parapet, far from the worst offender in our dreary style of football. You would typically want your anchorman to be pretty risk averse, mistakes in that area can often be costly (hence Patino's lack of gametime imo), but ambition is lacking all over the pitch so the central figure will naturally get blamed.

Tymon got injured sprinting full throttle back towards his own goal. Going forward the last resort for too many, they receive the ball looking the wrong way and visibly panic if the route to Grimes and the centre halves is blocked off.

At least he shows passion - I can forgive him being out of position but the players can only learn from his desire and hunger - Grimesy is in a complete comfort zone and has neither

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back