• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 23/24 | The Official Match Thread | Sunderland FC v Swansea City | The EFL Championship

Why is a game against Sunderland going to be a walk in the park?
Sunderland were probably the worst side we've played this season on thier first half performance, we basically let them back into the contest by dropping off and inviting them on 2nd half, still, a very welcome 3pts ...

Why is a game against Sunderland going to be a walk in the park?
After the first half I meant. They were absolutely terrible. Half their team is injured and they’ve lost their mojo totally since Mowbray went.

The challenge for LW now is to get us playing more often like the first half and less often like the second.
Still wins breed confidence which in turn lead to more positive play and wins.
Make no mistake I think that Ronald has premier league quality and we should be building sides around him and get him a striker who will make the most of his service.
Build a team round Ronald? At this rate he will be sold by the end of the August transfer window.

Going to stick my neck out here, given the amount of teams in the battle.................i still see 45 points as safe.

Atleast one team is going to have an absolute torrid run between now and game 46.

After the first half I meant. They were absolutely terrible. Half their team is injured and they’ve lost their mojo totally since Mowbray went.
True. 2-0 is said to be the most dangerous lead; we could/should have been three or four. They would never have recovered from this. At 2-0 their half time team talk has meaning.

Great win ...but let's keep it real ladies, still only 4 points above the drop. That's not being negative, it just shows teams below us are making a proper fight of it.
Would be nice to leave the dot com next week not feeling like I've lost my dog.

Going to stick my neck out here, given the amount of teams in the battle.................i still see 45 points as safe.

Atleast one team is going to have an absolute torrid run between now and game 46.
And one below us will have a stormer.

Just as a counter; half our team is injured and we haven't had a mojo all season.
There's a reason they have the seventh best home record in the league and it shouldn't be underestimated how good a win this is.

If we don't push on and beat Blackburn next Saturday then we deserve a relegation dogfight...

Just as a counter; half our team is injured and we haven't had a mojo all season.
There's a reason they have the seventh best home record in the league and it shouldn't be underestimated how good a win this is.
Before the start yes, I couldn’t agree more. After half time we did our best to chuck it away when it should have been a walk in the park.

Just for clarity I’m thrilled with the win now it’s over. I’d just have preferred to end on a high of 2-0 or 3-0 rather than clinging on at 2-1. I don’t think there was any need to be in that position today.

Last edited:
Glass half empty vs half full aside in the context of other results today... this victory was absolutely massive.
Can we push on and get another result against Blackburn? Will have to wait and see but for now let the players bask in the glory of this particular game first.

Before the start yes, I couldn’t agree more. After half time we did our best to chuck it away when it should have been a walk in the park.

I just think that's a bit harsh.

We weren't as good in the second half and they improved but they didn't trouble us at all until the goal. Even after that I can't think of one chance they had outside of a scrambled corner.
We tried to play the game out in a different way to the first half and ultimately it worked.

2 wins from safety...no chance

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back