Season 21/22: The Official Swansea City v QPR Match Thread

The Matchday threads have become somewhat of a legend on Planet Swans. Here, we keep them all for posterity, watch how forum posters react as our games materialise.

Moderator: jackharris

What will the result be against QPR?

Poll ended at 07 May 2022 20:27

Swans win
78
55%
Draw
15
10%
QPR win
50
35%
 
Total votes: 143

User avatar

LeonWasTheDog's
Posts in topic: 9
Posts: 1036
Joined: 08 Jul 2020 18:30
Location: Murton

Re: Season 21/22: The Official Swansea City v QPR Match Thread

Unread post by LeonWasTheDog's »

bakajack wrote:
07 May 2022 19:47
It was a tough watch - it certainly felt like a dead rubber match with many of the team while not already on the beach were certainly in the middle of booking their flights there.

The defending was at times comical and Fisher's refusal to come out and claim crosses certainly adds significant pressure onto the defenders who are already lacking aerial presence with the injury to Cabango and later in the game Lati. I can only assume it is being coached into him not to come out but without aerial dominance we have to rely on our keeper to deal with pressure balls put into the box.
I wasn’t sure when Latti went down that he was gutted at being injured or gutted that he might have to miss his holiday to go for a scan. It certainly felt like they were half on the beach. QPR as well; it was far from a classic.



User avatar

Nocountryforoldjack
Posts in topic: 11
Posts: 2053
Joined: 30 Jun 2020 10:44

Re: Season 21/22: The Official Swansea City v QPR Match Thread

Unread post by Nocountryforoldjack »

Russell will have no excuses next season

User avatar

Roger
Posts in topic: 6
Posts: 120
Joined: 12 Dec 2021 16:18

Re: Season 21/22: The Official Swansea City v QPR Match Thread

Unread post by Roger »

dickythorpe wrote:
07 May 2022 18:41
Mediocre.
If we keep Martin as gaffer we are toast.

No one fears us.
This, in a nutshell.

Thing is, we won’t get relegated under Martin. We just won’t achieve anything better than midtable.

So if fans are happy with floating around 11th-14th every season with the occasional good performance then Martin is our man.

But sorry. The “we beat Cardiff trophy” isn’t good enough for me. I loved it when their fans were crying because we were busy beating Man U and Arsenal in the big boy’s league whilst they were struggling against the likes of Reading and QPR.

User avatar

Swanjaxs
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 5071
Joined: 27 Jun 2020 16:42
Location: Cefn Coed

Re: Season 21/22: The Official Swansea City v QPR Match Thread

Unread post by Swanjaxs »

Roger wrote:
07 May 2022 20:36
dickythorpe wrote:
07 May 2022 18:41
Mediocre.
If we keep Martin as gaffer we are toast.

No one fears us.
This, in a nutshell.

Thing is, we won’t get relegated under Martin. We just won’t achieve anything better than midtable.

So if fans are happy with floating around 11th-14th every season with the occasional good performance then Martin is our man.

But sorry. The “we beat Cardiff trophy” isn’t good enough for me. I loved it when their fans were crying because we were busy beating Man U and Arsenal in the big boy’s league whilst they were struggling against the likes of Reading and QPR.
Fair, put don't you think lack of investment and always looking to "move on" any saleable asset is holding back any promotion push year after year?
You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.

User avatar

dickythorpe
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 4129
Joined: 22 Jul 2020 22:05

Re: Season 21/22: The Official Swansea City v QPR Match Thread

Unread post by dickythorpe »

Roger, there are some on here that applaud mediocrity.
We have a crap manager.
Our tactics are crap.
We are crap.

User avatar

Darran
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 9805
Joined: 23 Jun 2020 10:57
Location: A garage in Canoga Park

Re: Season 21/22: The Official Swansea City v QPR Match Thread

Unread post by Darran »

Londonlisa2001 wrote:
07 May 2022 16:31
Darran wrote:
07 May 2022 14:18
Wyndham Evans is a lovely fella I’ve met him several times and he was a fabulous player but who the f*ck keeps asking him back?
I’m with you on this. I honestly find him excruciating to listen to. Loved him as a player, and as you say, generally regarded as a lovely, lovely bloke, but I hate him on commentary.
It’s pitiful on times.
The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award

User avatar

dickythorpe
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 4129
Joined: 22 Jul 2020 22:05

Re: Season 21/22: The Official Swansea City v QPR Match Thread

Unread post by dickythorpe »

Bring back Leighton James

Umpiring these days.

Easier job than going purple discussing the swans.

We are in the s**t with this manager and set up

User avatar

Roger
Posts in topic: 6
Posts: 120
Joined: 12 Dec 2021 16:18

Re: Season 21/22: The Official Swansea City v QPR Match Thread

Unread post by Roger »

dickythorpe wrote:
07 May 2022 21:23
Roger, there are some on here that applaud mediocrity.
We have a crap manager.
Our tactics are crap.
We are crap.
I have noticed Dicky. And I’ve received dog’s abuse for pointing out that our manager and our owners are s**t.

I’ve even been accused of being a Scum fan because people here don’t like the truth and think we’re building a Barcelona-type side.

I’ve got news for you all: we’re a million miles away from being promotion contenders let alone an established Premier League team.
Last edited by Roger on 07 May 2022 21:51, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar

Swansea93
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 1785
Joined: 27 Jun 2020 19:19

Re: Season 21/22: The Official Swansea City v QPR Match Thread

Unread post by Swansea93 »

Roger wrote:
07 May 2022 21:50
dickythorpe wrote:
07 May 2022 21:23
Roger, there are some on here that applaud mediocrity.
We have a crap manager.
Our tactics are crap.
We are crap.
I have noticed Dicky. And I’ve received dog’s abuse for pointing out that our manager and our owners are s**t.

I’ve even been accused of being a Scum fan because people here don’t like the truth and think we’re building a Barcelona-type side.

I’ve got news for you all: we’re a million miles away from being promotion contenders let alone an established Premier League team.
What did you say when Rodgers was appointed here after he absolutely bombed with Reading and was our 4th choice?

User avatar

Roger
Posts in topic: 6
Posts: 120
Joined: 12 Dec 2021 16:18

Re: Season 21/22: The Official Swansea City v QPR Match Thread

Unread post by Roger »

Swansea93 wrote:
08 May 2022 12:44
Roger wrote:
07 May 2022 21:50


I have noticed Dicky. And I’ve received dog’s abuse for pointing out that our manager and our owners are s**t.

I’ve even been accused of being a Scum fan because people here don’t like the truth and think we’re building a Barcelona-type side.

I’ve got news for you all: we’re a million miles away from being promotion contenders let alone an established Premier League team.
What did you say when Rodgers was appointed here after he absolutely bombed with Reading and was our 4th choice?
We had different owners then - ambitious owners.

Russell isn’t going to be backed in the summer. It will be freebies and 48 year old players like Joe Allen.

Plus, Rodgers is a far better manager than Russ will ever dream to be.

We should have stuck with Cooper but you all wanted him out because Play Off Finals aren’t good enough apparently.

User avatar

sainthelens
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 2474
Joined: 28 Jun 2020 16:38

Re: Season 21/22: The Official Swansea City v QPR Match Thread

Unread post by sainthelens »

Roger wrote:
08 May 2022 15:50
Swansea93 wrote:
08 May 2022 12:44


What did you say when Rodgers was appointed here after he absolutely bombed with Reading and was our 4th choice?
We had different owners then - ambitious owners.

Russell isn’t going to be backed in the summer. It will be freebies and 48 year old players like Joe Allen.

Plus, Rodgers is a far better manager than Russ will ever dream to be.

We should have stuck with Cooper but you all wanted him out because Play Off Finals aren’t good enough apparently.
Daft comment from you....again.
Cooper was never gonna stay wether he was backed or not. He was pimping himself out long before the play off final.

User avatar

Nocountryforoldjack
Posts in topic: 11
Posts: 2053
Joined: 30 Jun 2020 10:44

Re: Season 21/22: The Official Swansea City v QPR Match Thread

Unread post by Nocountryforoldjack »

Roger wrote:
08 May 2022 15:50
Swansea93 wrote:
08 May 2022 12:44


What did you say when Rodgers was appointed here after he absolutely bombed with Reading and was our 4th choice?
We had different owners then - ambitious owners.

Russell isn’t going to be backed in the summer. It will be freebies and 48 year old players like Joe Allen.

Plus, Rodgers is a far better manager than Russ will ever dream to be.

We should have stuck with Cooper but you all wanted him out because Play Off Finals aren’t good enough apparently.
You really are deluded.... Cooper left because he didn't want to be here, nothing to do with the fans not liking him.

User avatar

Swansea93
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 1785
Joined: 27 Jun 2020 19:19

Re: Season 21/22: The Official Swansea City v QPR Match Thread

Unread post by Swansea93 »

Roger wrote:
08 May 2022 15:50
Swansea93 wrote:
08 May 2022 12:44


What did you say when Rodgers was appointed here after he absolutely bombed with Reading and was our 4th choice?
We had different owners then - ambitious owners.

Russell isn’t going to be backed in the summer. It will be freebies and 48 year old players like Joe Allen.

Plus, Rodgers is a far better manager than Russ will ever dream to be.

We should have stuck with Cooper but you all wanted him out because Play Off Finals aren’t good enough apparently.
Was Huw and Co ambitious? I don’t think so we spent next to nothing the season we went up, and had freebie Mark Gower from L1 which people are complaining about us being linked with players in that league now, Rodgers was a better manager despite being absolutely abysmal for Reading? Stop talking rubbish now Rog, Rodgers worked wonders here and it clicked having inherited a team that was built on similar foundations under Martinez and Sousa, Martin is building on Coopers abysmal football style, I guess your just not patient.

User avatar

Roger
Posts in topic: 6
Posts: 120
Joined: 12 Dec 2021 16:18

Re: Season 21/22: The Official Swansea City v QPR Match Thread

Unread post by Roger »

Nocountryforoldjack wrote:
08 May 2022 16:09
Roger wrote:
08 May 2022 15:50

We had different owners then - ambitious owners.

Russell isn’t going to be backed in the summer. It will be freebies and 48 year old players like Joe Allen.

Plus, Rodgers is a far better manager than Russ will ever dream to be.

We should have stuck with Cooper but you all wanted him out because Play Off Finals aren’t good enough apparently.
You really are deluded.... Cooper left because he didn't want to be here, nothing to do with the fans not liking him.
You’re all deluded as well. You think Russell is the next Pep Guardiola.

And my point still stands: you all wanted Cooper out when he got us to a playoff final. Yet Russell gets time because he makes us play the ball sideways for 90 minutes.

User avatar

Roger
Posts in topic: 6
Posts: 120
Joined: 12 Dec 2021 16:18

Re: Season 21/22: The Official Swansea City v QPR Match Thread

Unread post by Roger »

Swansea93 wrote:
08 May 2022 17:41
Roger wrote:
08 May 2022 15:50

We had different owners then - ambitious owners.

Russell isn’t going to be backed in the summer. It will be freebies and 48 year old players like Joe Allen.

Plus, Rodgers is a far better manager than Russ will ever dream to be.

We should have stuck with Cooper but you all wanted him out because Play Off Finals aren’t good enough apparently.
Was Huw and Co ambitious? I don’t think so we spent next to nothing the season we went up, and had freebie Mark Gower from L1 which people are complaining about us being linked with players in that league now, Rodgers was a better manager despite being absolutely abysmal for Reading? Stop talking rubbish now Rog, Rodgers worked wonders here and it clicked having inherited a team that was built on similar foundations under Martinez and Sousa, Martin is building on Coopers abysmal football style, I guess your just not patient.
Nonsense. You keep your head in the sand and I’ll be a realist. That way, when we’re sitting in 15th after a few matches next season, I won’t be disappointed as I will already be prepared for it.

Why some of you accept a League One manager with zero history or evidence of improving a team is beyond me I swear mun.
Last edited by Roger on 09 May 2022 11:19, edited 1 time in total.

Post Reply