Season 21/22 The Official Swans v Boro Match Thread

The Matchday threads have become somewhat of a legend on Planet Swans. Here, we keep them all for posterity, watch how forum posters react as our games materialise.

Moderator: jackharris

What will the result be against Middlesboro

Poll ended at 23 Apr 2022 20:41

Swans win
48%
Draw
22%
Boro win
30%

Total votes: 140

Topic author
jackharris
Posts in topic: 1

Season 21/22 The Official Swans v Boro Match Thread

Unread post by jackharris »

Last edited by PSumbler on 24 Apr 2022 19:42, edited 5 times in total.

PSumbler
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 10

Re: Season 21/22 The Official Swans v Boro Match Thread

Unread post by PSumbler »

Been running this place since 2001, still gives me a headache now!

bakajack
Posts in topic: 3

Unread post by bakajack »

Barring a mathematical miracle any hopes of a playoff push that we had are well and truly done now.
I hope that this now means that RM will take the chance to blood in some of the players he expects to play a bigger part next season like Congreve, Joseph and Ogbeta who have all been knocking on the door for a while now.

Skippyjack

Unread post by Skippyjack »

bakajack wrote:
19 Apr 2022 22:20
Barring a mathematical miracle any hopes of a playoff push that we had are well and truly done now.
I hope that this now means that RM will take the chance to blood in some of the players he expects to play a bigger part next season like Congreve, Joseph and Ogbeta who have all been knocking on the door for a while now.
From what I've seen of the first two.. they're not good enough for this level, file them alongside Garrick, Cullen and Whittaker.. we need upgrades on them 3 and loan out Joseph and Congreve for experience, which they desperately need

Cooperman
Posts in topic: 2

Unread post by Cooperman »

Skippyjack wrote:
19 Apr 2022 22:34
bakajack wrote:
From what I've seen of the first two.. they're not good enough for this level, file them alongside Garrick, Cullen and Whittaker.. we need upgrades on them 3 and loan out Joseph and Congreve for experience, which they desperately need
On what basis have you judged that Congreve isn’t good enough for us?

bakajack

Skippyjack wrote:
19 Apr 2022 22:34
bakajack wrote:
Have to agree with Cooperman here. He has played a total of 16 minutes for us most of that in the depths of stoppage time (one against Cardiff when the game was dead and buried at 4-0 up).

When he had the ball against Barnsley he was looking to attack the fullback and I remember him putting in a good cross which we didn't make the most of.

Joseph the jury may still be out on him, but like it or not he is one of our fringe players right now and he will never show his potential in the side without a chance to do just that.

PSumbler
Site Admin

I do tend to agree that both would probably benefit though from longer term loans next season - I think both can do a job for us but I think both need regular game time and they wont get that at this level

That said though there is no reason why we should not look to play them in the remaining games - its a rare luxury that you get effectively meaningless games at this time of the season

bakajack

PSumbler wrote:
20 Apr 2022 19:32
I do tend to agree that both would probably benefit though from longer term loans next season - I think both can do a job for us but I think both need regular game time and they wont get that at this level

That said though there is no reason why we should not look to play them in the remaining games - its a rare luxury that you get effectively meaningless games at this time of the season
Trying to remember the last time we had dead rubbers at the end of the season, we tend to still have something to play for right to the end (be that playoffs or avoiding relegation). I think our final game under Potter and before that I think the last game in the season where Clement kept us up?

Glyn1

Unread post by Glyn1 »

Boro have played 5 matches this month and not won any of them, so it's the ideal time to play them, whatever our line-up.

FelindreJack

Unread post by FelindreJack »

Glyn1 wrote:
20 Apr 2022 21:33
Boro have played 5 matches this month and not won any of them, so it's the ideal time to play them, whatever our line-up.
Or given our history of helping teams on a bad run…it’s the perfect time for them to play us 🤣

sainthelens

Unread post by sainthelens »

Fancy this'll be a belter, they have no choice but to come at us, hopefully we arnt yet on the beach, anything could happen.

monmouth

Unread post by monmouth »

sainthelens wrote:
20 Apr 2022 22:19
Fancy this'll be a belter, they have no choice but to come at us, hopefully we arnt yet on the beach, anything could happen.
Anything already happened on Monday Saint. It would take a hell of an anything to beat that anything.

PSumbler
Site Admin

monmouth wrote:
21 Apr 2022 16:15
sainthelens wrote:
20 Apr 2022 22:19
Anything already happened on Monday Saint. It would take a hell of an anything to beat that anything.
Never say never :lol:

Akajack

Unread post by Akajack »

my neighbour is a born fan so this could be a good day or a very long day

Akajack

Unread post by Akajack »

bloody auto correct, meant to say boro fan :roll: