Season 21/22 The Official Peterborough v Swansea Match Thread

The Matchday threads have become somewhat of a legend on Planet Swans. Here, we keep them all for posterity, watch how forum posters react as our games materialise.

Moderator: jackharris

What will the result be against Peterborough

Poll ended at 16 Mar 2022 20:27

Peterborough win
46%
Draw
17%
Swans win
37%

Total votes: 149

Skippyjack
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Season 21/22 The Official Peterborough v Swansea Match Thread

Unread post by Skippyjack »

By God we're sh*te.. but Peterborough are proper sh*te.. that just about sums up that game

CurtessECarr
Posts in topic: 1

Unread post by CurtessECarr »

eteb wrote:
16 Mar 2022 22:14
it must be over 70% which may suggest the system isnt in fact the problem..
Your quite right of course. We've done that for the majority of games. But does that make us a joy to watch. Fukc me no. Results and entertainment I'd like I'm getting results occasionally but entertainment very rarely.
Summers coming time to dream the day away. :)

TheLoneRanger

Unread post by TheLoneRanger »

Somebody had premature excitement, and then deleted it very quickly. 😂

Screenshot_20220317-002534~2.png
Screenshot_20220317-002534~2.png (627.41 KiB) Viewed 977 times
Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

karnataka

Unread post by karnataka »

Not for the first time this season, we've won a game but I haven't been as satisfied as I should have been. We completely dominated a poor, struggling team for 45 minutes and should have been more than one goal up at the break. But they come out and all they do is just try a little bit harder and quicker and we completely buckle? It's just maddening and I'm becoming more convinced that it's entirely a mental thing and an inability to snap out of a rigid mindset quickly enough to respond. Posh were a single goal down at half time and still in it, were we surprised that they came out for the second half determined to up their game? I wasn't in the slightest bit surprised but the team reacted like it was a massive shock. OK, they didn't have what it takes to keep it going and we eventually ran out worthy winners overall but surely, it shouldn't have to be like this?
Last edited by karnataka on 17 Mar 2022 09:08, edited 1 time in total.
Life is a strange thing: just when you think you've learned how to use it, it's gone.

3swan
Posts in topic: 7

Unread post by 3swan »

karnataka wrote:
17 Mar 2022 09:07
Not for the first time this season, we've won a game but I haven't been as satisfied as I should have been. We completely dominated a poor, struggling team for 45 minutes and should have been more than one goal up at the break. But they come out and all they do is just try a little bit harder and quicker and we completely buckle? It's just maddening and I'm becoming more convinced that it's entirely a mental thing and an inability to snap out of a rigid mindset quickly enough to respond. Posh were a single goal down at half time and still in it, were we surprised that they came out for the second half determined to up their game? I wasn't in the slightest bit surprised but the team reacted like it was a massive shock. OK, they didn't have what it takes to keep it going and we eventually ran out worthy winners overall but surely, it shouldn't have to be like this?
Very very very much my thoughts as well. The fact that we're not surprised is the damning comment. The game has been going through my mind this morning and I wondered if my views would change. The only thought is some allowance for the conditions, but then again we should adapt. I don't want this to be only a criticism of RM, but I'm not alone in seeing some poor Swans teams over the years. Now that's the frustrating fact that imo this team is not poor and can perform better. The reasons can be pointed at tactics and player position selection. That is to me the biggest issue, but players also have to take responsibility for their actions. It is criminal the number of times we get caught in possession due to lack of decision making or resulting in hospital passes.

3/4 of the season gone and the same recurring issues.
Last edited by 3swan on 17 Mar 2022 09:52, edited 1 time in total.

Uxy

Unread post by Uxy »

On the plus side we created a lot more yesterday than we have in as long as I can remember. Whether that's down to us, or them, or a mixture of both, who knows, but it was good to see.

But, my word, we're a car crash in defence.

Swanjaxs
Posts in topic: 12

Unread post by Swanjaxs »

Uxy wrote:
17 Mar 2022 10:53
On the plus side we created a lot more yesterday than we have in as long as I can remember. Whether that's down to us, or them, or a mixture of both, who knows, but it was good to see.

But, my word, we're a car crash in defence.
Talking about our car crash defence, I bet we won't be getting any loans for Citeh's up and coming young talent anytime soon...
You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.

Ringwood Jack

Unread post by Ringwood Jack »

Putting aside longevity loyalty being Welsh and youth development our defence is weak fragile lacks pace lacks confidence playing out with the ball and gets bullied too easily.

KrunchyKarrot
Posts in topic: 2

Unread post by KrunchyKarrot »

Ringwood Jack wrote:
17 Mar 2022 12:30
Putting aside longevity loyalty being Welsh and youth development our defence is weak fragile lacks pace lacks confidence playing out with the ball and gets bullied too easily.
Couldnt have put it better myself, Felt sorry for Kyle but he has saved us more often than not and could possibly stay next year for his experience. Ben looked like what we need a couple of times driving forward Downes looked off the pace last night as he normally ventures forward. Mentioned on other site that some players need to give way for youngsters for the remaing games.

Nocountryforoldjack
Posts in topic: 4

Unread post by Nocountryforoldjack »

KrunchyKarrot wrote:
17 Mar 2022 13:09
Ringwood Jack wrote:
17 Mar 2022 12:30
Couldnt have put it better myself, Felt sorry for Kyle but he has saved us more often than not and could possibly stay next year for his experience. Ben looked like what we need a couple of times driving forward Downes looked off the pace last night as he normally ventures forward. Mentioned on other site that some players need to give way for youngsters for the remaing games.
The season is done now so he should really be playing some of the u23s to blood them

Malvernjack

Unread post by Malvernjack »

Absolutely, I think Joseph in particular is a real prospect, let’s see him get some starts

KrunchyKarrot
Posts in topic: 2

Unread post by KrunchyKarrot »

Malvernjack wrote:
17 Mar 2022 17:50
Absolutely, I think Joseph in particular is a real prospect, let’s see him get some starts
HAHA :lol: , football opinions, I think Joseph is the least promising hope im wrong. I would like to see Rushesha CC and Burns

sainthelens

Unread post by sainthelens »

My boy and I are sweating on wether we can get tickets for legoland on Monday morning, thers a chunk of me that's saying why the fck worry/bother.?

STID2017

Unread post by STID2017 »

sainthelens wrote:
17 Mar 2022 22:08
My boy and I are sweating on wether we can get tickets for legoland on Monday morning, thers a chunk of me that's saying why the fck worry/bother.?
It would be a frustrating journey if we lose or even if we draw but the game is shite ?
Good chance both teams will cancel each other out