21/22 The Official Swansea City v Huddersfield Town Match Thread

The Matchday threads have become somewhat of a legend on Planet Swans. Here, we keep them all for posterity, watch how forum posters react as our games materialise.

Moderator: jackharris

Pegojack
Posts in topic: 2

Re: 21/22 The Official Swansea City v Huddersfield Town Match Thread

Unread post by Pegojack »

Magic_Michu wrote:
25 Sep 2021 20:33
Pegojack wrote:
25 Sep 2021 19:56
Thoroughly enjoyed my visit today, great first half performance apart from missing three gilt edged chances to increase our score, which made the second half unneccessarily nervy.
The whole team impressed me, but Downes was outstanding, Laird is a class above with Premier League skills, Naughton did well as super sweeper, Ntcham was strong and I feel there's more to come from him, and Manning showed a lot of dog when we were defending hard in the last 20 minutes. Paterson needs to calm down and be more clinical in front of goal, and Piroe looks like a useful big lump.
Not sure id call Piroe a big lump.

He’s got some great movement, brings others into play well. Looks an all round centre forward.
Said affectionately. I meant he's got physical presence, which we missed when he went off. Cullen worked hard and he's nippy, but he's never going to give a centre half a hard time fighting for high balls like Piroe does.

JackSomething
Posts in topic: 1

Unread post by JackSomething »

Cooperman wrote:
25 Sep 2021 19:21
CurtessECarr wrote:
25 Sep 2021 19:04
Solid performance from all players Downes and Manning were outstanding for me.
Good point re Manning. Silently went about his business and didn’t really put a foot wrong. Downes was a cut above the rest but Manning did well.
He's got some good shithousery about him too. Likes to draw a foul and clever at exaggerating contact. I know we're supposed to frown on that sort of thing, but it's a part of the modern game that's not going away, so I like having someone who's good at it.

Longlostjack
Posts in topic: 2

Unread post by Longlostjack »

He’s good. Great movement off the ball. Needs to build up a bit of strength in his right leg mind :-) .