21/22 The Official Swansea City v Huddersfield Town Match Thread

The Matchday threads have become somewhat of a legend on Planet Swans. Here, we keep them all for posterity, watch how forum posters react as our games materialise.

Moderator: jackharris

Risc
Posts in topic: 1

Re: 21/22 The Official Swansea City v Huddersfield Town Match Thread

Unread post by Risc »

monmouth wrote:
25 Sep 2021 17:06
Second half of pure Cooperball

They were so desperate for the win it became very static and unbalanced, and the substitutions just made that even more pronounced. We ended up with a worse striker more isolated. We really needed a second goal to relax and play a bit more, but what the hell. A much needed win.
That’s the problem where we find ourselves.

We need to move away from bottom 4 to really start showing what we are capable of. It’s human nature to be looking over your shoulder, fitness is a real concern to me though.

monmouth
Posts in topic: 10

Unread post by monmouth »

monmouth wrote:
25 Sep 2021 17:16
Lot quieter on here and the other site after a win.

I’m going to watch Brentford buzzers against the scousehouses now. I fancy them bees to pull a surprise. Canos dive index…5
Actually it’s normally an away game when I’m on here. Folk will be coming out of the ground. Dull comment.

But I still bet it is 😆

Pentyrchjack

Unread post by Pentyrchjack »

Good to get the first home league win and hopefully kick on from now. Downes was outstanding.

Only concern for me is Bidwell who can’t beat a man or run off both feet. Looks like fish out of water.

Dr. Winston

Unread post by Dr. Winston »

Could easily have gone in at half time three or four up. Would usually be difficult to maintain levels like that for the full 90 but the drop off in the second half will probably concern RM a bit. Not sure I'd have made the subs he did either.

Still, nice to get the first home win on the board and the monkey off our backs. Lots to be pleased about and the general improvement in our play (barring 25 minutes of lunacy at Luton) continues.

"Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or fuckin' beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you've got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back"

swan65split

Unread post by swan65split »

MrSwerve wrote:
25 Sep 2021 15:18
Piroeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Hes shyte Ive read..... translated from Dutch! ;)

sainthelens
Posts in topic: 2

Unread post by sainthelens »

sainthelens wrote:
25 Sep 2021 11:12
At the odds offered, I'm lumping on us winning today. ( kiss of death?) We have to get it together today shirley. Got 11/8. Get on !!
Kerr fckn ching !!
Excellent performance gents, it's coming together.

Cooperman

Unread post by Cooperman »

bakajack wrote:
25 Sep 2021 17:01
We kind of lost our way in the 2nd half, ending up with 4 defensive midfielders on the pitch kind of screwed up our play but we ground out the win. Cullen unlucky with being offside right at the end but this result was an excellent bit of positivity before what will be a very hard away game against Fulham where we will need our A game.
We lost our way as soon as we scored. The change of game plan from Huddersfield was inevitable as they now had to score. In the end it was a case of two mediocre teams cancelling each other out.

If Piroe had put his second chance away I would imagine that we would have won by three or four.

Magic_Michu

Unread post by Magic_Michu »

If we had come in 3-0 at half time it wouldn’t have flattered us. Joy to watch in the first half… lots of chances created and fluid football…

… 2nd half was a bit more Cooperball. But at least we have it in us to grind out a result now.

Nocountryforoldjack
Posts in topic: 7

Unread post by Nocountryforoldjack »

Great 3 points and win at home.... Work in progress

Manselton Jack

Unread post by Manselton Jack »

Excellent first half & deserved more, second half was a struggle but Huddersfield never looked like scoring. Onwards & upwards!

CurtessECarr

Unread post by CurtessECarr »

Solid performance from all players Downes and Manning were outstanding for me.

Summers coming time to dream the day away. :)

Cooperman

Unread post by Cooperman »

CurtessECarr wrote:
25 Sep 2021 19:04
Solid performance from all players Downes and Manning were outstanding for me.
Good point re Manning. Silently went about his business and didn’t really put a foot wrong. Downes was a cut above the rest but Manning did well.

Pegojack

Unread post by Pegojack »

Thoroughly enjoyed my visit today, great first half performance apart from missing three gilt edged chances to increase our score, which made the second half unneccessarily nervy.
The whole team impressed me, but Downes was outstanding, Laird is a class above with Premier League skills, Naughton did well as super sweeper, Ntcham was strong and I feel there's more to come from him, and Manning showed a lot of dog when we were defending hard in the last 20 minutes. Paterson needs to calm down and be more clinical in front of goal, and Piroe looks like a useful big lump.
Last edited by Pegojack on 25 Sep 2021 19:57, edited 1 time in total.

monmouth
Posts in topic: 10

Unread post by monmouth »

Piroe is crap, everyone knows that. Ask that Dutch twat that pretended to be a fan.

Magic_Michu

Unread post by Magic_Michu »

Pegojack wrote:
25 Sep 2021 19:56
Thoroughly enjoyed my visit today, great first half performance apart from missing three gilt edged chances to increase our score, which made the second half unneccessarily nervy.
The whole team impressed me, but Downes was outstanding, Laird is a class above with Premier League skills, Naughton did well as super sweeper, Ntcham was strong and I feel there's more to come from him, and Manning showed a lot of dog when we were defending hard in the last 20 minutes. Paterson needs to calm down and be more clinical in front of goal, and Piroe looks like a useful big lump.
Not sure id call Piroe a big lump.

He’s got some great movement, brings others into play well. Looks an all round centre forward.