21/22 The Official Swansea City vs Hull City Match Thread

The Matchday threads have become somewhat of a legend on Planet Swans. Here, we keep them all for posterity, watch how forum posters react as our games materialise.

Moderator: jackharris

Darran
Posts in topic: 11

Re: 21/22 The Official Swansea City vs Hull City Match Thread

Unread post by Darran »

eteb wrote:
11 Sep 2021 17:39
nowehere near as boring as last year Dar
Absolutely Pal.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award

legoman
Posts in topic: 1

Unread post by legoman »

eteb wrote:
11 Sep 2021 17:43
we honestly are a team with the most cuntish fans known to man - we spent every wek last year moaning about cooper. We now have a progressive young manager overhauling a s**t style of play over two years and look a half decent side again, with a team full of very good looking (and most case) young players and they still moan. 9x out of 10 we win that game, the ref didnt give the most blatant penatly kick i've ever seen and it was unlucky. Have some positivity ffs
I didn't see the game to be fair, but ultimately it's about results isn't it. Got to give the new boss a chance it's true, but we need to start firing soon.

Darran

Unread post by Darran »

The problem here is people can’t seem to understand we are talking about today’s game.
Yes it’s early days and a work in progress but today’s game was nothing special in the way some are making out.
I’ll also add that a draw at home to Hull isn’t a great result.

KrunchyKarrot
Posts in topic: 2

Unread post by KrunchyKarrot »

Just got in, what a difference a couple of weeks makes. Defense was unemployed mostly, Downs was very good MOM for me with NTcham very close. Looking down from the stand on the game Hull were regimental in banking up and when we did work space it was to Bidwell who is not a WB and a limited FB so it slowed down. Laird had 2 on him at all times sometimes with a third pushing out as well. Piroe was held most of the match or blocked but kept moving. Nobody played badly but i wonder why Benda didnt start?

Overall the performance was a lot better moving it through lines quicker but we still need a Scot Sinclair type winger.

Captain_Sham
Posts in topic: 10

Unread post by Captain_Sham »

Darran wrote:
11 Sep 2021 18:08
The problem here is people can’t seem to understand we are talking about today’s game.
Yes it’s early days and a work in progress but today’s game was nothing special in the way some are making out.
Yup. A 0-0 draw at home against a newly promoted team is a shyt result. 3 home games without a win and 1 goal scored is a shyt return. Those are facts.
Last edited by Captain_Sham on 11 Sep 2021 18:11, edited 1 time in total.

Side? I am on nobody's side, because nobody is on my side, little orc.

Itchysphincter
Posts in topic: 12

Unread post by Itchysphincter »

Darran wrote:
11 Sep 2021 18:06
eteb wrote:
11 Sep 2021 17:39
nowehere near as boring as last year Dar
Absolutely Pal.
Nothing like it, nothing.

jack123 wrote:
06 Dec 2020 21:08
:lol: :lol: :lol: You should seek therapy, with thoughts like you have.. Dr P is the best thing since sliced bread.

Itchysphincter

Captain_Sham wrote:
11 Sep 2021 18:10
Darran wrote:
Yup. A 0-0 draw at home against a newly promoted team is a shyt result. 3 home games without a win and 1 goal scored is a shyt return. Those are facts.

You must be delighted.

Anyone who doesn’t see that performance, not result - performance, as a good one and a step in the right direction must have s**t in their eyes.

jack123 wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: You should seek therapy, with thoughts like you have.. Dr P is the best thing since sliced bread.

DJack
Posts in topic: 4

Unread post by DJack »

KrunchyKarrot wrote:
11 Sep 2021 18:09
Just got in, what a difference a couple of weeks makes. Defense was unemployed mostly, Downs was very good MOM for me with NTcham very close. Looking down from the stand on the game Hull were regimental in banking up and when we did work space it was to Bidwell who is not a WB and a limited FB so it slowed down. Laird had 2 on him at all times sometimes with a third pushing out as well. Piroe was held most of the match or blocked but kept moving. Nobody played badly but i wonder why Benda didnt start?

Overall the performance was a lot better moving it through lines quicker but we still need a Scot Sinclair type winger.
Good post Krunchy.

Fireboy
Posts in topic: 1

Unread post by Fireboy »

Captain_Sham wrote:
Darran wrote:
A newly promoted team who spanked preston away 4-1, the same preston who spanked us 3-1.

Neath_Jack

Unread post by Neath_Jack »

Massive difference today boys bach.

Anyone that can't see that the performance today was much, much better than what we have seen for a good while, is being a bit silly.

Disappointing we didn't get the W, but like that first game of the season away to Oldham, the signs are very positive.

If Downes stays fit, I'll be surprised if he isn't our player of the season. Love the cut of his jib.

Onwards and f*cking upwards Jacks!

Darran

Unread post by Darran »

Itchysphincter wrote:
11 Sep 2021 18:17
Captain_Sham wrote:

You must be delighted.

Anyone who doesn’t see that performance, not result - performance, as a good one and a step in the right direction must have s**t in their eyes.
Well yes but football matches are supposed to be about the result see.

Nocountryforoldjack
Posts in topic: 4

Unread post by Nocountryforoldjack »

Captain_Sham wrote:
Darran wrote:
I see the cooperball mourners are out in force again... Beg him to come back

eteb

Unread post by eteb »

weve established over past two years thats not the case

Lifelong

Unread post by Lifelong »

How many people on here can say they enjoyed that game today?

My main complaint is that we were so slow in pushing forward. The Hull defence were just sitting back and allowing us to have as much possession as we liked in our own half. I was expecting Hull to break and win the game with a single shot on goal, which very nearly happened late into the game.

Itchysphincter

Darran wrote:
11 Sep 2021 18:38
Itchysphincter wrote:
11 Sep 2021 18:17

You must be delighted.

Well yes but football matches are supposed to be about the result see.

I thought we’d accepted that we are in transition. We’re a handful of games like in.

I thought we were going to be a bit more patient tbh.

jack123 wrote: