21/22: The Official Swansea City vs Sheffield United Match Thread

The Matchday threads have become somewhat of a legend on Planet Swans. Here, we keep them all for posterity, watch how forum posters react as our games materialise.

Moderator: jackharris

What will the result be against Sheffield United?

Poll ended at 14 Aug 2021 21:17

Swans win
43%
Draw
23%
Sheffield United win
33%

Total votes: 269

Captain_Sham
Posts in topic: 8

Re: 21/22: The Official Swansea City vs Sheffield United Match Thread

Unread post by Captain_Sham »

Points win prizes. Given our inexperienced line up and the oppo, that'll do.

Side? I am on nobody's side, because nobody is on my side, little orc.

Niigata Jack
Posts in topic: 2

Unread post by Niigata Jack »

Decent performance that, enjoyable, need to find a cutting edge, but definitely heading in the right direction.

On another note weren't we interested in Norward and Bogle at one point ??

Swanjaxs
Posts in topic: 18

Unread post by Swanjaxs »

On the plus side, Sheff United are one of the favourites to go up...

You'd rather me with you than against you

mrploppy
Posts in topic: 5

Unread post by mrploppy »

Anybody wondering why Whittaker wasn't a starter under Cooper, or now under Martin, well there you go. Needs an age on the ball. Mind you, still did more than Cullen who continued his 100% backwards passing in the second half.

bakajack
Posts in topic: 7

Unread post by bakajack »

Can see just that little bit of hesitancy in the team to make passes into space for players to run onto, but that is the kind of thing that comes with time and experience playing the system that RM wants to play. Confident that things will continue to improve under RM and we will start turning that possession into chances and goals.

JackBaston
Posts in topic: 4

Unread post by JackBaston »

BrynCartwright wrote:
14 Aug 2021 21:47
eteb wrote:
14 Aug 2021 21:01
What’s your point? Do you realise that we were still paying ridiculous wages in the champ, less income from revenue streams etc etc. It amazes me that people still need this explained. So they can only be thanked for spending money when they spend more than what’s come in? f**k my eyes
Brentford's owner has spent millions on his club and yesterday they did what we used to do regularly in the top flight. It's called 'investing' in the club f**k my eyes
You mean last season where they made 55 million on transfers?

eteb
Posts in topic: 49

Unread post by eteb »

mrploppy wrote:
14 Aug 2021 21:58
Anybody wondering why Whittaker wasn't a starter under Cooper, or now under Martin, well there you go. Needs an age on the ball. Mind you, still did more than Cullen who continued his 100% backwards passing in the second half.
He’s years ahead of Cullen

eteb
Posts in topic: 49

Unread post by eteb »

JackBaston wrote:
14 Aug 2021 21:59
BrynCartwright wrote:

Brentford's owner has spent millions on his club and yesterday they did what we used to do regularly in the top flight. It's called 'investing' in the club f**k my eyes
You mean last season where they made 55 million on transfers?
Guys a moron

mrploppy
Posts in topic: 5

Unread post by mrploppy »

eteb wrote:
14 Aug 2021 22:00
mrploppy wrote:
He’s years ahead of Cullen
Maybe, but neither should be starting for us. If we can't do better than those two we're going to really struggle to score goals this season.

Swanseaborn
Posts in topic: 1

Unread post by Swanseaborn »

I’ll take that result where we are in terms of the new regime and where the squad is currently. Crying out for a decent CAM

Allergic2Hoof

Unread post by Allergic2Hoof »

bakajack wrote:
Can see just that little bit of hesitancy in the team to make passes into space for players to run onto, but that is the kind of thing that comes with time and experience playing the system that RM wants to play. Confident that things will continue to improve under RM and we will start turning that possession into chances and goals.
Yeah that'll get better when the patterns and movements get drilled. Everything will speed up then too. Glad some people can see that. Fine margins will make big differences, especially off the ball movements into the right spots

Niigata Jack
Posts in topic: 2

Unread post by Niigata Jack »

mrploppy wrote:
Cullen isn't a winger, strange decision to take Lowe off before Cullen, Cullen should have been exchanged for Piroe and Lowe moved to wing, don't think Piroe touched the ball, never had the service could have been different in Lowe had stayed on.

Baron Goblet

Unread post by Baron Goblet »

Enjoyed a fairly tedious show some excellent performances all across the park.

Looks like we need Lean Knight up front. Sheff ield very organised and we did well to outplay them.

Watched Man United play a similar system, we looked better this time out, it heavily relies on Cooper and Benda.

Copper m.o.m. big performance, as well as playmaker he put himself about and played a big part in stopping United threatening through the middle.

Nocountryforoldjack
Posts in topic: 7

Unread post by Nocountryforoldjack »

Very promising from us today.... A few more players in and lots of patience and games under our belt..... It's a rebuild and only our second league game. people.

BrynCartwright
Posts in topic: 6

Unread post by BrynCartwright »

eteb wrote:
14 Aug 2021 21:49
BrynCartwright wrote:

Grown man again, they didn’t spend f*****g millions in previous years on transfers and players either. Are you that naive to think that say a 20mil transfer is paid straight away? It gets paid over years, fucj me Bryn thought you were better than that
I reckon a scoreless home draw against a recent PL team isn't to be sniffed at when the home team
are so unfamiliar to each other out of the necessity of economic penury..What a shite situation to be in.