Season 21/22 The Official Blackburn Rovers vs Swansea City Match Thread

The Matchday threads have become somewhat of a legend on Planet Swans. Here, we keep them all for posterity, watch how forum posters react as our games materialise.

Moderator: jackharris

What will the result be against Blackburn?

Poll ended at 07 Aug 2021 19:51

Blackburn win
51%
Draw
27%
Swans win
22%

Total votes: 430

Yjb_09
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Season 21/22 The Official Blackburn Rovers vs Swansea City Match Thread

Unread post by Yjb_09 »

I was at the playoff final id rather be hard to brat tjan just to be walk throughed i know its early and i appreciate that its alarming going off what i seen from the mk dons last week

A4Jack
Posts in topic: 5

Unread post by A4Jack »

Yjb_09 wrote:
07 Aug 2021 18:08
Do you think that waa acceptable how straight forward how they got thier goals?
Very similar to the two goals we conceded in the play-off final?

Bluenile

Unread post by Bluenile »

Yjb_09 wrote:
How does that make it the worst performance in 3 seasons???..............Double Dipstick :lol: :lol:

Magic_Michu
Posts in topic: 24

Unread post by Magic_Michu »

Yjb_09 wrote:
The penalty came from an individual error… their first came from Grimes being a sh*thouse and allowing the delivery to come in.

Cullen missed 2 quality opportunities… had he taken them it would be a completely different story.

We all knew the transition was going to take time (including more quality coming through the door)… for me, we looked a lot better and further along the process than I could have imagined.

Magic_Michu

Yjb_09 wrote:
07 Aug 2021 18:10
I was at the playoff final id rather be hard to brat tjan just to be walk throughed i know its early and i appreciate that its alarming going off what i seen from the mk dons last week
We definitely were not hard to beat in the play off final.

PSumbler
Site Admin

Unread post by PSumbler »

Magic_Michu wrote:
07 Aug 2021 17:46
PSumbler wrote:
07 Aug 2021 17:38

There's definitely much we need to strengthen in.

I maybe harsh here but I don't rate Dhanda and never really have done and I am still not sure what Smith offers our midfield. If we lose Grimes then we need to change the midfield. A fit Walsh may help as will Downes but we still need more. (And of course Fulton still to come back)

We need someone up front - Lowe, Cullen, Whittaker and Joseph will not score enough to make us a good side so that becomes essential as does some level of central defender.

As the articles on here have said we do need to be patient, you cannot undo the last two years overnight and some of the signs today were of the change we are going through. Martin will know what he needs to do - the next few weeks will show that (IMO)
I thought Dhanda (for once) and Smith were excellent today
I'm happy to admit a one eyed view on Dhanda as I dont rate him so probably blind to anything he does good

I do disagree on Smith though as I want him to play well but he never seems to do anything, he always looks off the pace

Been running this place since 2001, still gives me a headache now!

Magic_Michu

PSumbler wrote:
07 Aug 2021 18:24
Magic_Michu wrote:

I'm happy to admit a one eyed view on Dhanda as I dont rate him so probably blind to anything he does good

I do disagree on Smith though as I want him to play well but he never seems to do anything, he always looks off the pace
I’ve always thought this about Smith too… but I thought today he was at the centre of most of our good play.

Vetchonian
Posts in topic: 4

Unread post by Vetchonian »

Jinxy wrote:
07 Aug 2021 17:47
It'll take time to undo cooperball - the players weren't trusted to play out from the back by default, so their confidence will need some building. I didn't see the game, but the possession stats are what we're used to. As has been said, a sprinkling of more and suitable talent will go a long way, as will time and patience. Well done (Doc?!) Martin and the players today.
Absolute rubbish I have posted highlights across both sites demonstrating how we played out from the back under the previous manager

a prime example is at Stoke where their goal came as a result of a mistake from Geuhi as we were palying out from the back , and in the same game our equaliser came from a move again started by playing out from the back....we did play like that under the previous manager so it sshouldnt be a problem but it is for Bennet....when you rewatch many games he is the one who hoofs ....the previous manager dropped hom to allow more ball playing....but hey ho let the myths persist. the difference now is our new manager wants to use the keeper more as a pivot to allow an extra outfield player to push up...high risk....

JackBaston
Posts in topic: 19

Unread post by JackBaston »

Vetchonian wrote:
07 Aug 2021 18:28
Jinxy wrote:
It'll take time to undo cooperball - the players weren't trusted to play out from the back by default, so their confidence will need some building. I didn't see the game, but the possession stats are what we're used to. As has been said, a sprinkling of more and suitable talent will go a long way, as will time and patience. Well done (Doc?!) Martin and the players today.
Absolute rubbish I have posted highlights across both sites demonstrating how we played out from the back under the previous manager

a prime example is at Stoke where their goal came as a result of a mistake from Geuhi as we were palying out from the back , and in the same game our equaliser came from a move again started by playing out from the back....we did play like that under the previous manager so it sshouldnt be a problem but it is for Bennet....when you rewatch many games he is the one who hoofs ....the previous manager dropped hom to allow more ball playing....but hey ho let the myths persist. the difference now is our new manager wants to use the keeper more as a pivot to allow an extra outfield player to push up...high risk....
You do know Cooper was the one who signed Bennett right?
and we had 20% more posession than 95% of Coopers games in charge, away from home

Nocountryforoldjack
Posts in topic: 27

Unread post by Nocountryforoldjack »

PSumbler wrote:
07 Aug 2021 17:38
A4Jack wrote:
07 Aug 2021 17:27

Hoping so Phil. Think we did ok today, could see we were trying things and it will come but the squad badly needs improvement.

It looks League One standard at present, but time for it to change!
There's definitely much we need to strengthen in.

I maybe harsh here but I don't rate Dhanda and never really have done and I am still not sure what Smith offers our midfield. If we lose Grimes then we need to change the midfield. A fit Walsh may help as will Downes but we still need more. (And of course Fulton still to come back)

We need someone up front - Lowe, Cullen, Whittaker and Joseph will not score enough to make us a good side so that becomes essential as does some level of central defender.

As the articles on here have said we do need to be patient, you cannot undo the last two years overnight and some of the signs today were of the change we are going through. Martin will know what he needs to do - the next few weeks will show that (IMO)
Totally agree with the striker situation,there simply is not enough goals with that set of players, its why we didnt go up tbh.

monmouth
Posts in topic: 10

Unread post by monmouth »

PSumbler wrote:
07 Aug 2021 18:24
Magic_Michu wrote:

I think Smith is hopeless. Real dirge.

We need a new midfield and if the bang average to donkey Grimes funds it, then happy days.

monmouth

Vetchonian wrote:
07 Aug 2021 18:28
Jinxy wrote:

How many times? Your highlights are selective few minutes and wholly unrepresentative. You are like f*****g robocop. Get over it. Cooper failed with all the money from the parachutes and turned us into Cardiff then shat out when the going got tough. Those are facts. You don’t have to like them.

Dr. Winston

Unread post by Dr. Winston »

Dhanda looked like a talented youngster with potential under Potter, but a smallish creative midfielder was never going to flourish under the Ponty Goblin. I think he's got a lot more to offer in the right system but it's a make or break season for him.

Smith's decent enough, but it's either him or Fulton and Fulton's just a better player.

"Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or fuckin' beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you've got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back"

Skippyjack
Posts in topic: 2

Unread post by Skippyjack »

Dr. Winston wrote:
07 Aug 2021 19:54
Dhanda looked like a talented youngster with potential under Potter, but a smallish creative midfielder was never going to flourish under the Ponty Goblin. I think he's got a lot more to offer in the right system but it's a make or break season for him.

Smith's decent enough, but it's either him or Fulton and Fulton's just a better player.
Dhanda is a wasted shirt, takes him 9 games where he's missing in action and turns up with a goal or an assist in his 10th, it's like playing with ten men, because he doesn't put a tackle in or intercept anything, he plays a nice sideways pass like Grimes though

monmouth

I’ll be honest, because I quite like him, but the player that did my head in today was Naughton. Killed everything he touched and if I never see him take a throw in again it will be 300,000,000 light years too soon.