Season 21/22 Pre-Season Friendly: Forest Green Rovers vs Swansea City Official Match Thread

The Matchday threads have become somewhat of a legend on Planet Swans. Here, we keep them all for posterity, watch how forum posters react as our games materialise.

Moderator: jackharris

Topic author
jackharris
Posts in topic: 5

Season 21/22 Pre-Season Friendly: Forest Green Rovers vs Swansea City Official Match Thread

Unread post by jackharris »

Last edited by PSumbler on 29 Jul 2021 22:20, edited 11 times in total.

Topic author
jackharris

Re: Season 21/22 Pre-Season Friendly: Forest Green Rovers vs Swansea City Official Match Thread

Bump

PSumbler
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Season 21/22 Pre-Season Friendly: Forest Green Rovers vs Swansea City Official Match Thread

Unread post by PSumbler »

I assume this one is likely to go ahead given the issues that caused the Bristol Rovers game to be called off?

Been running this place since 2001, still gives me a headache now!

Swadler8

Unread post by Swadler8 »

wondering if Ben Lloyd can get a run out this preseason. maybe early but he looks advanced.

saw this a while back.

Topic author
jackharris

airedale
Posts in topic: 2

Unread post by airedale »

I wonder if there’ll be any management material come to watch the Swans tomorrow?

Topic author
jackharris

bakajack

Unread post by bakajack »

Main starting lineup talking points:

Hamer starts in goal - probably to give him a chance to stake a claim after Benda did well against Plymouth.

Liam Walsh, Korey Smith and Yan Dhanda in midfield - Yan was pretty poor against Plymouth, really needs to up his game and stake a place today. Liam and Korey will be interesting to see what kind of partnership they will have in midfield.

Oli Cooper, Joel Piroe and Jamal Lowe up front - I thought Oli's cameos last season were promising, looking forward to seeing what he can offer tonight and it will be the first proper chance to see Joel.

Matt Grimes missing - allegedly a "minor knock" that is being assessed

Swanjaxs

Unread post by Swanjaxs »

Matt Grimes misses out tonight with "a minor knock" according to the official site 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

You'd rather me with you than against you

eteb
Posts in topic: 3

Unread post by eteb »

still looks a mid table side to me

Topic author
jackharris

Skippyjack
Posts in topic: 3

Unread post by Skippyjack »

I couldn't give two f*cks about tonight's match, a new manager is not going to have his stamp on the team in 10 days, hopefully when we do appoint a manager, we'll get a few more bodies in, calling up 16 year olds to fill a gap is not ideal in the rough and tumble of the Championship, Dhanda and Cullen need to get out on loan, because they're not good enough, Latibeaudiere was dodgy against Plymouth, but let's hope it's a Guehi moment.. we're too sentimental ATM, giving Ben Margetson a contract due to his father speaks volumes, we're being run like a charity
Last edited by Skippyjack on 28 Jul 2021 18:49, edited 1 time in total.

ABSwan

Unread post by ABSwan »

Paid for the stream, thought I'd listen and half watch while working.

There's NO SOUND!! :roll: :lol:

ah sound started 30 seconds in :)
Last edited by ABSwan on 28 Jul 2021 19:00, edited 1 time in total.

airedale

Unread post by airedale »

I really like Cooper, to me he looks very promising.

MrSwerve

Unread post by MrSwerve »

For the first time since relegation, looking at that lineup, I feel like our transition back to ‘Championship squad’ is complete.