****Cancelled***** Season 21/22 Pre-Season Friendly: The Official Bristol Rovers vs Swansea City Match Thread

The Matchday threads have become somewhat of a legend on Planet Swans. Here, we keep them all for posterity, watch how forum posters react as our games materialise.

Moderator: jackharris

JackSomething
Posts in topic: 1

Re: ****Cancelled***** Season 21/22 Pre-Season Friendly: The Official Bristol Rovers vs Swansea City Match Thread

Unread post by JackSomething »

sainthelens wrote:
24 Jul 2021 10:55
Anyone else now got major concerns regarding crowds coming back in ? All Drakeford needs is an excuse.
I'd say rising infection numbers would be a reason rather than an excuse, but yes it is a worry.

bryncochjack

Re: ****Cancelled***** Season 21/22 Pre-Season Friendly: The Official Bristol Rovers vs Swansea City Match Thread

Unread post by bryncochjack »

JackSomething wrote:
24 Jul 2021 11:48
sainthelens wrote:
24 Jul 2021 10:55
Anyone else now got major concerns regarding crowds coming back in ? All Drakeford needs is an excuse.
I'd say rising infection numbers would be a reason rather than an excuse, but yes it is a worry.
Infections aren't the problem any more due to vaccinations. Drakeford needs to look at hospitalisations in south Wales which are tiny.

sainthelens
Posts in topic: 4

Unread post by sainthelens »

bryncochjack wrote:
24 Jul 2021 12:50
JackSomething wrote:
24 Jul 2021 11:48

Infections aren't the problem any more due to vaccinations. Drakeford needs to look at hospitalisations in south Wales which are tiny.
Agreed. Tho have got this feeling that if we dont start with no restrictions, then we never will.

Jinxy

Unread post by Jinxy »

sainthelens wrote:
24 Jul 2021 13:00
bryncochjack wrote:
24 Jul 2021 12:50

Agreed. Tho have got this feeling that if we dont start with no restrictions, then we never will.
That last sentence has seriously messed with my head. Are you in the pub by any chance SH?!

Swanjaxs
Posts in topic: 3

Unread post by Swanjaxs »

As has already be stated, forget about the R rate, hospitalisation will be the main driver in the decision to "open up" fully.
Of course long covid is a concern, but small fry in relation to getting the economy back on track.
The biggest obstacle going forward regarding football events will be players isolating, and also stewarding levels/policing of matches also due to self isolation & track and trace requirements.

You'd rather me with you than against you

sainthelens
Posts in topic: 4

Unread post by sainthelens »

Swanjaxs wrote:
24 Jul 2021 16:00
As has already be stated, forget about the R rate, hospitalisation will be the main driver in the decision to "open up" fully.
Of course long covid is a concern, but small fry in relation to getting the economy back on track.
The biggest obstacle going forward regarding football events will be players isolating, and also stewarding levels/policing of matches also due to self isolation & track and trace requirements.
Yep, as I said...any excuse. That twat will shut us out I'm telling you.

karnataka
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Season 21/22 Pre-Season Friendly: The Official Bristol Rovers vs Swansea City Match Thread

Unread post by karnataka »

jackharris wrote:
21 Jul 2021 21:59
How many of you visited Eastville?

I've seen Swans play Rovers away at Eastville, Twerton Park, Bath and Memorial Stadium.

Swanjaxs

Re: Season 21/22 Pre-Season Friendly: The Official Bristol Rovers vs Swansea City Match Thread

karnataka wrote:
24 Jul 2021 17:25
jackharris wrote:
21 Jul 2021 21:59
How many of you visited Eastville?

I've seen Swans play Rovers away at Eastville, Twerton Park, Bath and Memorial Stadium.
Also done the three, the Memorial being the odd one out, being the only one I haven't received a slap off the Gas loyal 😂👊💥

karnataka

Unread post by karnataka »

Swanjaxs wrote:
24 Jul 2021 19:26
karnataka wrote:
24 Jul 2021 17:25

Also done the three, the Memorial being the odd one out, being the only one I haven't received a slap off the Gas loyal 😂👊💥
Memorial is a bit of an odd one out for me to as it's the only one where I've sat in the home section! 😜

Badlands

Unread post by Badlands »

Shame it was off, I was dreaming of a coaching team of Tates

Swanjaxs

Badlands wrote:
24 Jul 2021 23:48
Shame it was off, I was dreaming of a coaching team of Tates
Nightmare more like 👍