Season 20/21: Watford v Swansea City Match Thread

The Matchday threads have become somewhat of a legend on Planet Swans. Here, we keep them all for posterity, watch how forum posters react as our games materialise.

Moderator: jackharris

What will the result be against Watford?

Poll ended at 08 May 2021 08:59

Watford win
54%
Draw
30%
Swansea win
16%

Total votes: 164

Jack2jack
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Season 20/21: Watford v Swansea City Match Thread

Unread post by Jack2jack »

Fireboy wrote:
08 May 2021 14:41
Jack2jack wrote:
08 May 2021 14:29
You are right of course, but in the play offs we need to be able to score, and I just can't see it.
We played really well first half, however, we can't not have a shot or get more into the box, or play just play intricate stuff around the opposition box, that needs sorting in my opinion.👍
BTW what's the weather like up there, it's still tossing down here☔☔☔☔
Watford mostly sat back in the second half, making it hard for us to break them down, it won't be like that hard next week as barnsley won't sit back therefore leaving note space up front for us, we'll I hope so.
Off course, I still worry about our lack of creating chances, we certainly aren't going to blow anyone away with our scoring prowess, and that's a concern for me. We did play well today mind.👍

StoneColdjack
Posts in topic: 4

Unread post by StoneColdjack »

Fireboy wrote:
08 May 2021 14:37
StoneColdjack wrote:
08 May 2021 14:25

Yes it does matter, we need a win and momentum, yet the performance is shocking. This will not get our confidence up for the playoffs.
Shocking? Really?

I think it wasn't too bad, we will be better next week.
Yes, Watford played better than us. I hope you're right but Barnsley will be tough

Swansea93
Posts in topic: 1

Unread post by Swansea93 »

We wouldn’t have gone full out today, would have been more a keep the fitness up ready for the playoffs, Barnsley fans seem happy they got us, let’s put that to bed and use the 2 wins over them this season as an advantage.

StoneColdjack

I would rather have Bournemouth than Brentford in the final (if we beat Barnsley), Bournemouth are looking brittle, where as Brentford are in good form and confidence, and Toney has got 30 league goals, that is some goalscoring form

sainthelens
Posts in topic: 3

Unread post by sainthelens »

MrSwerve wrote:
No disrespect to Barnsley as they look a good side in decent form but if you'd asked me how I wanted the playoffs to work out I'd want Barnsley with the second leg at home and then Brentford v Bournemouth in the other semi.

We can beat Barnsley over two legs by all means. The final is a shootout.

This ain't over yet.
I totally agree. Secretly that's the draw Coops and co would have wanted. By no means a golden opportunity but fckn hell...don't waste this chance. Gonna be real tight tie, but get it right and out of the 3 we could have had, this is the tie we all wanted.

Fireboy
Posts in topic: 5

Unread post by Fireboy »

Jack2jack wrote:
08 May 2021 14:46
Fireboy wrote:

Watford mostly sat back in the second half, making it hard for us to break them down, it won't be like that hard next week as barnsley won't sit back therefore leaving note space up front for us, we'll I hope so.
Off course, I still worry about our lack of creating chances, we certainly aren't going to blow anyone away with our scoring prowess, and that's a concern for me. We did play well today mind.👍
Btw its nice and dry up here now but it wanked it down this morning whilst I was at my boys rugby training 🙄

Fireboy
Posts in topic: 5

Unread post by Fireboy »

StoneColdjack wrote:
08 May 2021 14:49
I would rather have Bournemouth than Brentford in the final (if we beat Barnsley), Bournemouth are looking brittle, where as Brentford are in good form and confidence, and Toney has got 30 league goals, that is some goalscoring form
If we do manage to get into the final I'm not bothered as they are both better than us and it will be a one off game where anyone can win on the day.

What I do want though is for brentford and bmuff to kick the fvck out of each other.

StoneColdjack

Fireboy wrote:
08 May 2021 14:53
StoneColdjack wrote:
If we do manage to get into the final I'm not bothered as they are both better than us and it will be a one off game where anyone can win on the day.

What I do want though is for brentford and bmuff to kick the fvck out of each other.
:lol: :lol:

Swanjaxs

Unread post by Swanjaxs »

Aye Barnsley is the tie we wanted, but don't forget, we would have been the team of choice for all three other clubs.

Onwards and upwards 🙌

You'd rather me with you than against you

Richard
Posts in topic: 2

Unread post by Richard »

Barnsley are transformed compared to when we played them last. Their manager has done an amazing job. Two tough games ahead.

Pontyjack

Unread post by Pontyjack »

Fireboy wrote:
StoneColdjack wrote:

And a red card for Toney in the second leg just in case they get through to the final

Longlostjack

Unread post by Longlostjack »

Fireboy wrote:
StoneColdjack wrote:

Plenty of red cards on both sides too. If it’s not us at Wembley I’ll be hoping Barnsley would beat either of them.
Last edited by Longlostjack on 08 May 2021 17:27, edited 1 time in total.

bjk87

Unread post by bjk87 »

Win 0-1 for us. 🙌