Season 20/21: AFC Bournemouth v Swansea City Match Thread

The Matchday threads have become somewhat of a legend on Planet Swans. Here, we keep them all for posterity, watch how forum posters react as our games materialise.

Moderator: jackharris

What will the result be against Bournemouth?

Poll ended at 16 Mar 2021 20:36

Bournemouth win
42%
Draw
38%
Swans win
20%

Total votes: 215

Pontyjack
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Season 20/21: AFC Bournemouth v Swansea City Match Thread

Unread post by Pontyjack »

eteb wrote:
16 Mar 2021 22:31
so theres a structure where he choses some and the club others? Seems to me there were no other england u20's around and cooper didnt have a fcking clue who else to bring in
Scott, Winter and the American owners make the decisions on signings. Cooper has a key input in who he wants but doesn’t sign the cheques. He wanted a striker and publicly said so, but one wasn’t signed. I know you want to pin everything on Cooper, but there are others at the club who are more to blame for this than him.

eteb
Posts in topic: 38

Unread post by eteb »

tey have had four windows and you're telling me they couldnt get a striker in? 4 windows. 750k on whittaker, I'm sure there are 10 of the best in league 1 or 2 for that price. He is getting his excuses in early - dont recall these early season?

Geoff thom
Posts in topic: 4

Unread post by Geoff thom »

Swansea93 wrote:
16 Mar 2021 22:40
eteb wrote:
16 Mar 2021 22:16
anyone seen the cooper interview re. whittaker? f*****g despicable - "club brought him in"
Where’s the interview for this
Sky

Pontyjack

eteb wrote:
16 Mar 2021 22:44
tey have had four windows and you're telling me they couldnt get a striker in? 4 windows. 750k on whittaker, I'm sure there are 10 of the best in league 1 or 2 for that price. He is getting his excuses in early - dont recall these early season?
Brewster was brought in so not sure what you’re on about. The failure was not adequately replacing him - especially during the last window. They tried to get the Southampton lad who got injured just before he was due to sign, and enquired about a Leeds player on deadline day but got knocked back. You are right in that replacing Brewster should have been more of a priority than it has been - but that isn’t all on Cooper. You should be blaming Scott if you need to have a go at anyone.

Swansea93
Posts in topic: 13

Unread post by Swansea93 »

Imagine we had Brewster and Morgan Gibbs White.

eteb

Unread post by eteb »

morris and whittaker - two strikers.

eteb

Unread post by eteb »

alos add the fact he wanted lowe knowing (a) he isnt an out and out striker and (b) he doesnt want to play wingers - that was another million wasted then

Pontyjack

Morris isn’t a striker. Whittaker was brought for the future - and again positionally he is more of a Lowe type player than an out and out striker. The only one of those we currently have is Liam Cullen. I would agree that perhaps money could be better spent than whatever we spent bringing Lowe in, but again can’t pin that solely on Cooper ( and none of us were saying that when he had his run of scoring goals)

westside

Unread post by westside »

Glad I watched Australian Love Island instead tonight.

At least there was proper talent on show.

Badlands
Posts in topic: 5

Unread post by Badlands »

aA few we tried to sign went elsewhere.
Whittaker was brought in to play - older Han Abraham and Brewster A’s was Ari and Morris
Please, no more excuses. We didn’t get stuffed again tonight because of lack of a striker it was down to players being disorganised and not having an effective working midfield (the pairing of Bennett With Lati and hourihane with Grimes and Ayew with Lowe still doesn’t work).

airedale
Posts in topic: 1

Unread post by airedale »

Did anyone actually watch and enjoy the football match tonight? That’s what it’s all about.

Baron Goblet

Unread post by Baron Goblet »

Yes Airedale I watched and enjoyed. You? BMTH managed the game well especially the timing of the goals. We needed Whitakers effort to go in and the ebb of the game may well have changed. I see Whitaker as up to the job and would bring him on next game. For me it didnt quite go right for Andre possibly because the opposition were good at shutting him down and forcing the play. Thought Grimes had a top game again. Lowe had an off night but credit that to Muff.

Swans Cast
Posts in topic: 2

Unread post by Swans Cast »

Please like and subscribe to our You Tube Channel - youtube.com/channel/UC7cj7q3khZzK3DsI3R_QIEA

Follow us on Twitter @SwansCastMedia

The True Jack

Unread post by The True Jack »

Like and subscribe to my You Tube channel - www.youtube.com/channel/UCaMUYLgyAndAeO4f_D6xgCg

Follow me on Twitter @TheTrueJackYT

Topic author
swansnews
Posts in topic: 15

Unread post by swansnews »