Season 20/21: Luton Town v Swansea City Match Thread

The Matchday threads have become somewhat of a legend on Planet Swans. Here, we keep them all for posterity, watch how forum posters react as our games materialise.

Moderator: jackharris

What will the result be against Luton?

Luton win
39%
Draw
15%
Swansea win
46%

Total votes: 137

eteb
Posts in topic: 12

Re: Season 20/21: Luton Town v Swansea City Match Thread

Unread post by eteb »

Captain_Sham wrote:
13 Mar 2021 14:50
Theres no way we deserve to go up but I dont think it even matters anymore. Strange things are afoot.
im not sure thats fair, surely if we have accumulated enough points over the season then we deserve it. Cooper however played leon and curt for mugs with his presentation

sainthelens
Posts in topic: 9

Unread post by sainthelens »

Cooper has a remit of promotion...end of. He's probably getting a free pass with no crowds on his back. But he won't give 2 fcks for the ones on here complaining or anyone else for that matter. Wotever the plan is its working...personally I don't think we can keep playing like that and finish top 2. But what do I know, a season ticket to watch us in the PL is a possibility...I'll settle for that.

Jinxy
Posts in topic: 3

Unread post by Jinxy »

Akajack wrote:
13 Mar 2021 14:19
Jinxy wrote:
13 Mar 2021 14:18

And blues...?
Just after .. of course :D
Ah yes, but I was referring to the "C" word. Can't bring myself to actually say it.

karnataka
Posts in topic: 14

Unread post by karnataka »

sainthelens wrote:
13 Mar 2021 14:56
Cooper has a remit of promotion...end of. He's probably getting a free pass with no crowds on his back. But he won't give 2 fcks for the ones on here complaining or anyone else for that matter. Wotever the plan is its working...personally I don't think we can keep playing like that and finish top 2. But what do I know, a season ticket to watch us in the PL is a possibility...I'll settle for that.
Do you think watching us in the Prem will be any easier than what we've sat through this week against Blackburn & Luton?

Captain_Sham
Posts in topic: 33

Unread post by Captain_Sham »

monmouth wrote:
13 Mar 2021 14:52
Captain_Sham wrote:
Theres no way we deserve to go up but I dont think it even matters anymore. Strange things are afoot.
I would love to see us finish second above Barcelonaford playing like this and winning 1-0 for the next 11 games. Well not literally 'love to see'. It's not the easiest watch.
I agree. Give me this over the Bristol game every time. Id rather have a difficult 90 mins and an enjoyable evening.

Its just a ride.

Captain_Sham

karnataka wrote:
13 Mar 2021 14:59
sainthelens wrote:
Do you think watching us in the Prem will be any easier than what we've sat through this week against Blackburn & Luton?
If we do go up we will come straight back down(probably) and it will be miserable but financially it will be worth it.

Its just a ride.

Cooperman
Posts in topic: 7

Unread post by Cooperman »

monmouth wrote:
13 Mar 2021 14:36
Cooperman wrote:
13 Mar 2021 14:29
Come chaps, look at the bigger picture.

Luton were rested, Luton had time on the training pitch this week, Luton were the home team, the pitch and weather was a leveller.

When we take three points at this stage of the season I really don't care how it's done.
A leveller? You mean it brought them nearer to our level? 🤣

Ps Coops Trapiche on offer. I've drank a bottle now watching that. Good stuff!!
Yes, my chum Bryn tipped me off last week so I got some in. Had a couple of bottles last night which set me up perfectly for a day on the sofa; footy first and now a bit of egg.

A4Jack

Unread post by A4Jack »

eteb wrote:
13 Mar 2021 14:55
Captain_Sham wrote:
im not sure thats fair, surely if we have accumulated enough points over the season then we deserve it. Cooper however played leon and curt for mugs with his presentation
Yes I bet they are really crying about the fact they got duped into hiring a manager that has us clear in 2nd in the last quarter of the season
Last edited by A4Jack on 13 Mar 2021 15:03, edited 1 time in total.

mrploppy
Posts in topic: 5

Unread post by mrploppy »

eteb wrote:
13 Mar 2021 14:23
mrploppy wrote:
13 Mar 2021 14:22
Excellent result. That game was absolutely ruined by the wind. Anyone who was expecting a free flowing performance has obviously never tried to play football on a bobbly pitch in 45mph gusting wind. Great 3pts. Move on.

BTW, anyone watching on Swans TV won't have realised how bad the conditions were, because the commentators (whoever they were) will have been sat in the warm at the Liberty stadium. I watched on Sky and they knew how bad the wind was because they were at the ground.
bad weather for the past 10 games too? Surely easier to knock the ball around on the floor rather than hoofing shite in the wind?
You can knock it around on the floor but when the pitch is bobbly it's asking for trouble.

Captain_Sham

I dont care what division we play in any more. The last few seasons of the Prem were hideous but only a nutter would not want us to go up. That being said, this team playing in the Premier League.. love a duck, its the stuff of nightmares. Wed be fantasising about lucky 1-0 wins.

Its just a ride.

Cooperman
Posts in topic: 7

Unread post by Cooperman »

Madridjack wrote:
13 Mar 2021 14:33
Badlands wrote:
13 Mar 2021 14:28

Goal up ... give them the ball and try to hang on until final whistle.
In all honesty I don’t know how Luton didn't score.
We can’t keep relying on other teams NOT being able to score.
What is it, 18 clean sheets this season? That’s no coincidence.

eteb

Unread post by eteb »

A4Jack wrote:
13 Mar 2021 15:02
eteb wrote:
13 Mar 2021 14:55

Yes I bet they are really crying about the fact they got duped into hiring a manager that has us clear in 2nd in the last quarter of the season
sorry Leon

monmouth
Posts in topic: 17

Unread post by monmouth »

Cooperman wrote:
13 Mar 2021 15:05
Madridjack wrote:

We can’t keep relying on other teams NOT being able to score.
What is it, 18 clean sheets this season? That’s no coincidence.
Absolutely not coincidence. No.

Pure unadulterated spawn. I'm proud of it.

mrploppy
Posts in topic: 5

Unread post by mrploppy »

monmouth wrote:
mrploppy wrote:
13 Mar 2021 14:22
Excellent result. That game was absolutely ruined by the wind. Anyone who was expecting a free flowing performance has obviously never tried to play football on a bobbly pitch in 45mph gusting wind. Great 3pts. Move on.

BTW, anyone watching on Swans TV won't have realised how bad the conditions were, because the commentators (whoever they were) will have been sat in the warm at the Liberty stadium. I watched on Sky and they knew how bad the wind was because they were at the ground.
Were Luton playing in different conditions then?
How many times did they overhit crosses? Their striker put a couple of crosses into the stand. Let's not pretend they played the ball around like Barcelona.

sainthelens
Posts in topic: 9

Unread post by sainthelens »

karnataka wrote:
13 Mar 2021 14:59
sainthelens wrote:
Could well be a tough watch, but having seen Burnley/Newcastle serve up similar, who's to say we wont be in with a fighting chance survival? I like you doubt it but itll be a different team/set of circumstances. Did any of us last September think we could play as poor and be 2nd ?