Season 20/21: Swansea City v Middlesbrough Match Thread

The Matchday threads have become somewhat of a legend on Planet Swans. Here, we keep them all for posterity, watch how forum posters react as our games materialise.

Moderator: jackharris

What will the result be against Middlesbrough?

Poll ended at 06 Mar 2021 07:35

Swans win
62%
Draw
17%
Middlesbrough win
21%

Total votes: 155

Swans Cast
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Season 20/21: Swansea City v Middlesbrough Match Thread

Unread post by Swans Cast »

Please like and subscribe to our You Tube Channel - youtube.com/channel/UC7cj7q3khZzK3DsI3R_QIEA

Follow us on Twitter @SwansCastMedia

The True Jack
Posts in topic: 1

Unread post by The True Jack »

Like and subscribe to my You Tube channel - www.youtube.com/channel/UCaMUYLgyAndAeO4f_D6xgCg

Follow me on Twitter @TheTrueJackYT

Topic author
swansnews
Posts in topic: 14

Unread post by swansnews »

Topic author
swansnews
Posts in topic: 14

Unread post by swansnews »

PSumbler
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 17

Unread post by PSumbler »

It's very easy to see why the penalty was given and there seems little doubt that Bidwell was caught so the decision was the right one.

What is odd - and what is what will really rile the visiting fans - was the decision to award a corner. It was a good 2/3 seconds after the referee was signalling for the corner that he then put the whistle to his mouth and awarded the penalty. This is where he should come out and say why that happened. If it's on the advice of the other officials then that is how it should be but if that was against us we would be asking that very question,

Been running this place since 2001, still gives me a headache now!

Swanseaborn

Unread post by Swanseaborn »

Just watched the highlights now, their equaliser is offside in the build up anyway so balanced them out

Nocountryforoldjack
Posts in topic: 31

Unread post by Nocountryforoldjack »

I've watched so many games where we would of been given nothing so it's about time we got the rub.

Albie

Unread post by Albie »

karnataka wrote:
06 Mar 2021 18:50
That was such a dull game, I had my first shave for 3 weeks during the 2nd half. I was beginning to look too much like Kenny Rogers as I haven't had a haircut for months either! Just thought I'd mention that.

Kenny Rogers has been in the ground for just over a year - just thought I'd mention that :D

thefranchise
Posts in topic: 17

Unread post by thefranchise »

swansnews wrote:
07 Mar 2021 07:20
Some absolutely ridiculous questions put to him, credit to how he answered.

Fireboy
Posts in topic: 5

Unread post by Fireboy »

Swanseaborn wrote:
07 Mar 2021 08:34
Just watched the highlights now, their equaliser is offside in the build up anyway so balanced them out
Yes I also saw that on quest, ashton and murray merely skirted over it, funny that.

dickythorpe
Posts in topic: 7

Unread post by dickythorpe »

I wonder if we'll get a mention on Wales today on Monday evening's sport report.......

Pegojack
Posts in topic: 7

Unread post by Pegojack »

Albie wrote:
07 Mar 2021 08:47
karnataka wrote:
06 Mar 2021 18:50
That was such a dull game, I had my first shave for 3 weeks during the 2nd half. I was beginning to look too much like Kenny Rogers as I haven't had a haircut for months either! Just thought I'd mention that.

Kenny Rogers has been in the ground for just over a year - just thought I'd mention that :D
I can confirm that Kenny Rogers currently looks marginally better than Karnataka.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Only joking, Dave....

karnataka
Posts in topic: 25

Unread post by karnataka »

Pegojack wrote:
07 Mar 2021 12:26
Albie wrote:
07 Mar 2021 08:47

I can confirm that Kenny Rogers currently looks marginally better than Karnataka.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Only joking, Dave....

Gracias, y vete a la mierda! Hahahah :lol: :lol: :lol:

DJack
Posts in topic: 16

Unread post by DJack »

karnataka wrote:
06 Mar 2021 19:10
DJack wrote:
06 Mar 2021 19:01

Was it your face or balls you shaved... :shock: :lol:
Well, face obviously or I'd have posted a picture of Kenny Rogers' balls wouldn't I, you prize plum. Assuming I could have found one on the internet of course! I wonder if anyone ever searched Google Images for Kenny Rogers genitals? :D
No. You could have been referencing your grey pubes... :shock: :lol:

:mrgreen:

LeonWasTheDog's
Posts in topic: 4

Unread post by LeonWasTheDog's »

PSumbler wrote:
07 Mar 2021 07:24
It's very easy to see why the penalty was given and there seems little doubt that Bidwell was caught so the decision was the right one.

What is odd - and what is what will really rile the visiting fans - was the decision to award a corner. It was a good 2/3 seconds after the referee was signalling for the corner that he then put the whistle to his mouth and awarded the penalty. This is where he should come out and say why that happened. If it's on the advice of the other officials then that is how it should be but if that was against us we would be asking that very question,
Yep, he was certainly taken out. Agree the ref then made a bit of a mess - he didn't seem in much control throughout the game really. He needed to be a lot stronger standing up to that whingebag Warnock - he had the chance to set out his authority when Warnock harangued him off the pitch at half time, but didn't seem to have the bottle to even talk to him.

Their disallowed goal was a lot closer though. Their player clearly got to the ball first. He did catch and trip Jay with his trailing leg afterwards, but it was more a coming together than a foul imo and I'd have been really pissed off I was a 'boro fan over that incident. It was a cracking strike too and would have been worthy of a goal.