Season 20/21: Swansea City v Coventry City Match Thread

The Matchday threads have become somewhat of a legend on Planet Swans. Here, we keep them all for posterity, watch how forum posters react as our games materialise.

Moderator: jackharris

What will the result be against Coventry?

Poll ended at 24 Feb 2021 07:36

Swans win
41%
Draw
19%
Coventry win
40%

Total votes: 201

sainthelens
Posts in topic: 13

Re: Season 20/21: Swansea City v Coventry City Match Thread

Unread post by sainthelens »

Glyn1 wrote:
24 Feb 2021 21:16
Jinxy wrote:
24 Feb 2021 21:11
Grimes immense tonight, a win is a win and hopefully we will keep improving. Well done Cooper and the swans. Onwards etc..
"we will keep improving" means that we are currently improving.

We're going backwards.
Stop whinging and have an early night FFS.

Dr. Winston
Posts in topic: 2

Unread post by Dr. Winston »

LeonWasTheDog's wrote:
24 Feb 2021 21:14
It's very Monk-esque in a way.
Monk or Clement. Organise well. Keep shape. Nick a goal or two if you can. Effective, but f*cking dull most of the time.

"Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or fuckin' beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you've got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back"

eteb
Posts in topic: 50

Unread post by eteb »

i dont get this stop whinging malarkey. Great we've won but by god we are awful to watch at the moment. nothing wrong with wanting your team to play some football

Muteswan

Unread post by Muteswan »

Glyn1 wrote:
24 Feb 2021 21:10
A match lasts an hour and a half. Shots on target: Swansea 2, Coventry 1.

It can't go on like this.
A match lasts an hour and a half. Goals: Swansea 1, Coventry 0

If it carries on like this we’ll be promoted.

eteb
Posts in topic: 50

Unread post by eteb »

Dr. Winston wrote:
24 Feb 2021 21:24
LeonWasTheDog's wrote:
24 Feb 2021 21:14
It's very Monk-esque in a way.
Monk or Clement. Organise well. Keep shape. Nick a goal or two if you can. Effective, but f*cking dull most of the time.
i think we've played some lovely stuff for the most part of this season. But when we've been bad we've been bloody awful

sainthelens

eteb wrote:
24 Feb 2021 21:25
i dont get this stop whinging malarkey. Great we've won but by god we are awful to watch at the moment. nothing wrong with wanting your team to play some football
I'd love us to play lovely football, but we are where we are. If you've been watching footy a while you'll know grinding results is a must . Reading negativity on here when we've won playing poorly and still in a great position just boils my piss.

Glyn1
Posts in topic: 3

Unread post by Glyn1 »

From the Coventry fans forum:

"Swansea are a marginally more footballing side than Cardiff. But it's close."

I'm really not sure whether to be pleased or insulted by that.
Last edited by Glyn1 on 24 Feb 2021 21:36, edited 1 time in total.

Dr. Winston

Unread post by Dr. Winston »

eteb wrote:
24 Feb 2021 21:26
i think we've played some lovely stuff for the most part of this season. But when we've been bad we've been bloody awful
I wouldn't say for the most part. We've had spells of good stuff but it's been largely functional. Which is fine. It's got us to where we are. Doesn't mean I can't hope for a bit more entertainment.

"Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or fuckin' beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you've got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back"

cwmdonkinjack
Posts in topic: 1

Unread post by cwmdonkinjack »

sainthelens wrote:
24 Feb 2021 21:29
eteb wrote:
I'd love us to play lovely football, but we are where we are. If you've been watching footy a while you'll know grinding results is a must . Reading negativity on here when we've won playing poorly and still in a great position just boils my piss.
Same here. Every fan wants winning football that is easy on the eye, but this is a really good tally for games played so far and a lot of the players have really stuck at it in a gruelling schedule. I've seen many a Swans side play nice passing football and lose more than they win.5 league defeats and we are nearly in March. Keep it up boys.

Jinxy
Posts in topic: 11

Unread post by Jinxy »

Glyn1 wrote:
24 Feb 2021 21:16
Jinxy wrote:
24 Feb 2021 21:11
Grimes immense tonight, a win is a win and hopefully we will keep improving. Well done Cooper and the swans. Onwards etc..
"we will keep improving" means that we are currently improving.

We're going backwards.
My brain hurts.

Jinxy
Posts in topic: 11

Unread post by Jinxy »

sainthelens wrote:
eteb wrote:
How was the curry with your son SH? Hopefully monster tv still intact eh! We had a similar evening - Mrs Jinxy working, me and football mad son a few beers watching 3 valued points in front of competitively priced beast tv.

As you suggest, when things aren't ticketyboo we have to dig deep. We are a humble club/city and when success has and will undoubtedly come again, we'll appreciate it while it lasts.

swan65split
Posts in topic: 3

Unread post by swan65split »

PSumbler wrote:
24 Feb 2021 21:21
swan65split wrote:
24 Feb 2021 21:12

I just hope we start too play a bit at some stage, :D
Admit it though if someone offered you 14 wins from the 16 remaining playing like that you would take it ;) :D
Yes of course we would, but its a bit Monkesque (spelling?) ATM gotta shift outa this .

Evanski

Unread post by Evanski »

sainthelens wrote:
24 Feb 2021 21:03
Gotta feeling Ayew more disappointed with himself/own performance. Been a while since he's scored, maybe getting to him, plus they kicked the s**t out of him. Am not worried there tbh.
Brilliant 3 points, that's all we can do.
I agree. He’s not been great for a long while and I suspect he was frustrated with his own, and possibly the team’s performance.

All things considered a good, and important, three points. Yes, we were gash, but so were Reading last night and Brentford (against the same opposition) on the weekend and they picked up no points between them. We’re picking up points despite our performances at the moment which is fine by me. The performances will return (hopefully sooner rather than later).

Jacs y Canolbarth - Cangen Aberystwyth / Mid Wales Jacks - Aberystwyth Branch

BarryTownSwan

Unread post by BarryTownSwan »

Magic_Michu wrote:
24 Feb 2021 20:55
Ayew couldn’t wait to get off the pitch... somethings definitely not right there with him.
Disappointed with his own performance again.

sainthelens

Jinxy wrote:
24 Feb 2021 21:48
sainthelens wrote:

How was the curry with your son SH? Hopefully monster tv still intact eh! We had a similar evening - Mrs Jinxy working, me and football mad son a few beers watching 3 valued points in front of competitively priced beast tv.

As you suggest, when things aren't ticketyboo we have to dig deep. We are a humble club/city and when success has and will undoubtedly come again, we'll appreciate it while it lasts.
Food was great thanks Jinx, uncomfortable bowel movements hanging on at the end tho. Glad you and lad enjoyed.