Duran Duran

It does exactly what it says on the tin. If it's not about football then it belongs in here for discussion. Once again we ask that you respect your fellow posters.
User avatar

Topic author
Niigata Jack
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 1816
Joined: 27 Feb 2021 00:56

Duran Duran

Unread post by Niigata Jack »

On BBC 2 now kids, lets get it on, get down and groovy :lol:



User avatar

dickythorpe
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 4157
Joined: 22 Jul 2020 22:05

Re: Duran Duran

Unread post by dickythorpe »

It's 1981 in Max's house!

User avatar

Topic author
Niigata Jack
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 1816
Joined: 27 Feb 2021 00:56

Re: Duran Duran

Unread post by Niigata Jack »

dickythorpe wrote:
06 Aug 2022 21:41
It's 1981 in Max's house!
I was still living at home then Dicky, I was a spritely 20yr old :lol:

User avatar

cmajack
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 363
Joined: 28 Jun 2020 19:54

Re: Duran Duran

Unread post by cmajack »

Niigata Jack wrote:
06 Aug 2022 21:34
On BBC 2 now kids, lets get it on, get down and groovy :lol:
Seen them 8 times in total between 1981-2017, been married twice and both women were crazy about them. Actually managed to get my beautiful second wife to meet her idol Jonn Taylor.

User avatar

Topic author
Niigata Jack
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 1816
Joined: 27 Feb 2021 00:56

Re: Duran Duran

Unread post by Niigata Jack »

cmajack wrote:
06 Aug 2022 21:56
Niigata Jack wrote:
06 Aug 2022 21:34
On BBC 2 now kids, lets get it on, get down and groovy :lol:
Seen them 8 times in total between 1981-2017, been married twice and both women were crazy about them. Actually managed to get my beautiful second wife to meet her idol Jonn Taylor.
Show has just finished, looked Duran Duran up and Nick Rhodes songwriter and Keyboard player is worth 60 million dollars not a bad living is it fair do's
Last edited by Niigata Jack on 06 Aug 2022 22:02, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar

Darran
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 9847
Joined: 23 Jun 2020 10:57
Location: A garage in Canoga Park

Re: Duran Duran

Unread post by Darran »

cmajack wrote:
06 Aug 2022 21:56
Niigata Jack wrote:
06 Aug 2022 21:34
On BBC 2 now kids, lets get it on, get down and groovy :lol:
Seen them 8 times in total between 1981-2017, been married twice and both women were crazy about them. Actually managed to get my beautiful second wife to meet her idol Jonn Taylor.
The best thing that ever happened to them was Frank Zappa alumni Warren Cuccurullo.
The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award

User avatar

karnataka
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 2194
Joined: 27 Jun 2020 18:07
Location: Wedmore, Somerset

Re: Duran Duran

Unread post by karnataka »

Darran wrote:
06 Aug 2022 22:04
cmajack wrote:
06 Aug 2022 21:56


Seen them 8 times in total between 1981-2017, been married twice and both women were crazy about them. Actually managed to get my beautiful second wife to meet her idol Jonn Taylor.
The best thing that ever happened to them was Frank Zappa alumni Warren Cuccurullo.
Certainly responsible for their best ever song IMO, the wonderful "Ordinary World"
Life is a strange thing: just when you think you've learned how to use it, it's gone.

User avatar

Itchysphincter
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 2705
Joined: 27 Jun 2020 17:12

Re: Duran Duran

Unread post by Itchysphincter »

Darran wrote:
06 Aug 2022 22:04
cmajack wrote:
06 Aug 2022 21:56


Seen them 8 times in total between 1981-2017, been married twice and both women were crazy about them. Actually managed to get my beautiful second wife to meet her idol Jonn Taylor.
The best thing that ever happened to them was Frank Zappa alumni Warren Cuccurullo.
…… and Vinnie.
jack123 wrote:
06 Dec 2020 21:08
:lol: :lol: :lol: You should seek therapy, with thoughts like you have.. Dr P is the best thing since sliced bread.

User avatar

monmouth
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 3664
Joined: 09 Jul 2020 17:04

Re: Duran Duran

Unread post by monmouth »

karnataka wrote:
06 Aug 2022 22:40
Darran wrote:
06 Aug 2022 22:04


The best thing that ever happened to them was Frank Zappa alumni Warren Cuccurullo.
Certainly responsible for their best ever song IMO, the wonderful "Ordinary World"
Someone else did an excellent version of that…can’t remember who, and I couldn’t believe it was a DD song.

User avatar

PSumbler
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 5235
Joined: 06 Jul 2020 14:40

Re: Duran Duran

Unread post by PSumbler »



This one?
Been running this place since 2001, still gives me a headache now!

User avatar

karnataka
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 2194
Joined: 27 Jun 2020 18:07
Location: Wedmore, Somerset

Re: Duran Duran

Unread post by karnataka »

PSumbler wrote:
07 Aug 2022 22:05


This one?
Prefer this one myself, but then I know the people involved, both former members of a band I've liked a long time, called, er, Karnataka😁😁😁

Life is a strange thing: just when you think you've learned how to use it, it's gone.

Post Reply