Homophobes in sport

It does exactly what it says on the tin. If it's not about football then it belongs in here for discussion. Once again we ask that you respect your fellow posters.

Topic author
Darran
Posts in topic: 5

Homophobes in sport

Unread post by Darran »

I just read this and had to read it again to make sure I wasn’t tripping.
Seven Manly Sea Eagles players refused to play in this shirt.
What the f*ck is wrong with these people?
Absolutely staggering.

I honestly can’t get my head around it,why the f*ck do they care this much about other people.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/pk-el ... 51a0ea9b30

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award

Cooperman
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Homophobes in sport

Unread post by Cooperman »

#PeopleAreTwats

It's not even as if the main feature of the shirt is pride related.

Itchysphincter
Posts in topic: 8

Unread post by Itchysphincter »

1970’s attitudes are prevalent everywhere.

If you don’t subscribe to them - thinly veiled racism and homophobia are particular favourites, you’re a woke, liberal, snowflake, leftie who should get over Brexit and ‘let it go’. 🤪
jack123 wrote:
06 Dec 2020 21:08
:lol: :lol: :lol: You should seek therapy, with thoughts like you have.. Dr P is the best thing since sliced bread.

Professor
Posts in topic: 6

Unread post by Professor »

Itchysphincter wrote:
27 Jul 2022 23:28

If you don’t subscribe to them - thinly veiled racism and homophobia are particular favourites, you’re a woke, liberal, snowflake, leftie who should get over Brexit and ‘let it go’. 🤪
I believe that the naysayers are Pacific Islanders who do not support homosexuality due to their "Christian" beliefs

JackSomething
Posts in topic: 7

Unread post by JackSomething »

Professor wrote:
28 Jul 2022 09:35
Itchysphincter wrote:

I believe that the naysayers are Pacific Islanders who do not support homosexuality due to their "Christian" beliefs
Indeed. Isn't it strange that said beliefs don't also clash with the betting company sponsor, which is far more visible on the shirt they wear every week than those little rainbow stripes?

Big strong rugby players who seemingly wet themselves with fear at the thought of gay relationships. It'd be hilarious if it wasn't so tragic.

Topic author
Darran

Unread post by Darran »

JackSomething wrote:
28 Jul 2022 10:00
Professor wrote:

Indeed. Isn't it strange that said beliefs don't also clash with the betting company sponsor, which is far more visible on the shirt they wear every week than those little rainbow stripes?

Big strong rugby players who seemingly wet themselves with fear at the thought of gay relationships. It'd be hilarious if it wasn't so tragic.
Great post. Putting an imaginary thingy in the sky before real human beings in 2022.
Work that one out,c*nts.

Professor

Darran wrote:
28 Jul 2022 10:24
JackSomething wrote:
28 Jul 2022 10:00

Great post. Putting an imaginary thingy in the sky before real human beings in 2022.
Work that one out,c*nts.
Spot on.

Londonlisa2001

Unread post by Londonlisa2001 »

I’m pretty certain that the players involved aren’t being asked to carry out homosexual acts.

What they are being asked to do is wear a jersey that promotes tolerance and equality of treatment of those who are different to them. Which is exactly what their ‘religion’ requires of them.
Using religion to justify bigotry against those who their God created seems to be rather missing the point.

And if they are going to pretend to be all Leviticus about it, they shouldn’t play rugby on a Sunday anyway not in a stadium which is named after a betting company.

Dickheads.

On a positive note, the jersey has sold out. On a very sad note, a former player of theirs who was the first player in that league to come out has said he is absolutely heartbroken by their actions. Perhaps they need to read their Bible again.

Professor

Londonlisa2001 wrote:
28 Jul 2022 17:38
I’m pretty certain that the players involved aren’t being asked to carry out homosexual acts.

What they are being asked to do is wear a jersey that promotes tolerance and equality of treatment of those who are different to them. Which is exactly what their ‘religion’ requires of them.
Using religion to justify bigotry against those who their God created seems to be rather missing the point.

And if they are going to pretend to be all Leviticus about it, they shouldn’t play rugby on a Sunday anyway not in a stadium which is named after a betting company.

Dickheads.

On a positive note, the jersey has sold out. On a very sad note, a former player of theirs who was the first player in that league to come out has said he is absolutely heartbroken by their actions. Perhaps they need to read their Bible again.
Always find that many 'Christians" are very selective what they take from the Bible. There are some lovely, tolerant and good people out there who are very religious. But far too many intolerant bigots. And despite going to King's London, I am a complete and utter atheist but very much humanitarian

jack123
Posts in topic: 24

Unread post by jack123 »

Londonlisa2001 wrote:

Dickheads.

What an absolute pile of horseshit.

Absolutely horrendous, the way you speak.

Last edited by jack123 on 30 Jul 2022 03:15, edited 1 time in total.
libera nos a malo

Swanjaxs
Posts in topic: 11

Unread post by Swanjaxs »

jack123 wrote:
30 Jul 2022 03:11
Londonlisa2001 wrote:

Dickheads.

How long till this lovely post disappears 👍
You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.

Itchysphincter

Professor wrote:
Itchysphincter wrote:

I was generalising.
jack123 wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: You should seek therapy, with thoughts like you have.. Dr P is the best thing since sliced bread.

Itchysphincter

Swanjaxs wrote:
30 Jul 2022 06:45
jack123 wrote:
30 Jul 2022 03:11

I hope it stays and I wish no posts were ever taken down.

Taking post down from certain posters does nothing but protect the guilty. Maybe there should be a way of admin marking the post to demonstrate disapproval without taking it down.

BTW I’m generalising again, not applied to any particular post on this thread.
jack123 wrote:

Topic author
Darran

Unread post by Darran »

Itchysphincter wrote:
30 Jul 2022 08:37
Swanjaxs wrote:
30 Jul 2022 06:45

I hope it stays and I wish no posts were ever taken down.

Taking post down from certain posters does nothing but protect the guilty. Maybe there should be a way of admin marking the post to demonstrate disapproval without taking it down.

BTW I’m generalising again, not applied to any particular post on this thread.
And maybe homophobic c*nts should be banned from ever posting on here again?
I’m missing something.

Niigata Jack
Posts in topic: 2

Unread post by Niigata Jack »

I was watching a re run of Kambosos v Haney boxing bout last night, then after it ended on a came an extract of an interview with Nigel Owens what a man he is, he suffered tremendously with coming to terms with his sexuality and came far to close to taking his own life, because he was afraid of telling his family and friends etc.
Made me think of people who have taken that path and its absolutely tragic.