What a way to get sacked from the police

It does exactly what it says on the tin. If it's not about football then it belongs in here for discussion. Once again we ask that you respect your fellow posters.

Darran
Posts in topic: 1

Re: What a way to get sacked from the police

Unread post by Darran »

What a tool.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award

Best_loser

Unread post by Best_loser »

There are a lot of corrupt police forces around but Yorkshire police take the biscuit

I always tell the truth, even when I lie

Muteswan

Unread post by Muteswan »

Best_loser wrote:
14 Oct 2021 21:18
There are a lot of corrupt police forces around but Yorkshire police take the biscuit
Or should that be cake?

Jack2jack

Unread post by Jack2jack »

Crumbs🚓

WalterBoyd

Unread post by WalterBoyd »

When I first read this story I thought he's gateaux go. Now he'scone, good riddance.

Glyn1
Posts in topic: 2

Unread post by Glyn1 »

I'm a bleeding heart liberal wet and even I think that this is feckin ridiculous. Suspend him or fine him, but no more than that. I hope his union (remember them?) helps him to sue them for unfair dismissal.

Pacemaker

Unread post by Pacemaker »

The police are not allowed a union and have not had a union since 1919 when it was made illegal and the Police Federation was formed to represent Police officers. In relation to this case he has committed theft, an offence he is required to investigate and present evidence to prosecutors. Once he has committed this offence or others of dishonesty his integrity as a Police officer cannot be relied on which not only affects his position but that of his colleagues too.

It smells of arrogance and he has deservedly been sacked.

MajorR

Unread post by MajorR »

Wouldn’t be surprised if there was a bit more to this story, maybe they’ve previously had “shortages.” They’ve cashed up leaving a small float, checked the stock/ replenished it and gone back to check it again just after the officer has made his “purchases”. Did they suspect him?

There’s been a lot of adverse comments criticising the police culture, allegations of sticking up for each other etc etc, and when the police take action certain sections of society’s and the media ridicule them on account of the low value. There doesn’t appear to be an issue with police ethics in Halifax!!!
Last edited by MajorR on 15 Oct 2021 23:07, edited 1 time in total.

Pacemaker

Unread post by Pacemaker »

I think you are correct, there must have been issues before they did this, not normally an issue but when its for charity i think it is pretty low.

Glyn1

Unread post by Glyn1 »

Pacemaker wrote:
16 Oct 2021 17:09
I think you are correct, there must have been issues before they did this, not normally an issue but when its for charity i think it is pretty low.
We'd all like to think that there were issues before this, but if there are not then sacking someone for allegedly stealing 90p is much too harsh a penalty. I still think that it should have been a fine, suspension, loss of pay, or demotion, but not being sacked.

MajorR

Unread post by MajorR »

Glyn1 wrote:
16 Oct 2021 18:19
Pacemaker wrote:
16 Oct 2021 17:09
We'd all like to think that there were issues before this, but if there are not then sacking someone for allegedly stealing 90p is much too harsh a penalty. I still think that it should have been a fine, suspension, loss of pay, or demotion, but not being sacked.
I can see where you are coming from, but Pacemaker has made some really good points in his previous post. Any future cases involving this officer could be thrown out of Court as the officers integrity has been compromised. A defence solicitor will make huge play on the fact an officer is dishonest and will seek to undermine the officers testimony and cases where members of the public are victims lost.

Aubrey Hambone

Unread post by Aubrey Hambone »

90p or 90k makes no difference, the fool only has himself to blame for being dishonest ( remember this was in aid of charity)
The police force are entirely justified in dismissing this individual

Topic author
dickythorpe

Unread post by dickythorpe »

[quote="Aubrey Hambone" post_id=88583 time=1634413165 user_id=4845]
90p or 90k makes no difference, the fool only has himself to blame for being dishonest ( remember this was in aid of charity)
[/quote]

Too right Mr. Hambone QC

BanosSwan

Unread post by BanosSwan »

Aubrey Hambone wrote:
16 Oct 2021 20:39
Exactly the point. If he was to give evidence in court, any qc on the other side would rightly jump all over this rendering his testimony useless.

Signature