Tune For Today

It does exactly what it says on the tin. If it's not about football then it belongs in here for discussion. Once again we ask that you respect your fellow posters.

Jack2jack
Posts in topic: 15

Re: Tune For Today

Unread post by Jack2jack »

karnataka
Posts in topic: 31

Unread post by karnataka »

Very Sunday morningish tune

Life is a strange thing: just when you think you've learned how to use it, it's gone.

karnataka

Jack2jack wrote:
12 Mar 2022 21:22
Nice, very mellow! A Sunday morning tune IMO. And some really nice images too. My brother used to know Hans during the 80s and kept in touch with him during the 90s when they both lived in the States because my bro used to service Fairlights which were one of the first major computer based sampler keyboards and HZ had one and they were also much loved by Trevor Horn, Peter Gabriel, Stevie Wonder amongst others. From the Fairlight Wiki page "Peter Gabriel was the first owner of a Fairlight Series 1 in the UK. Boz Burrell of Bad Company purchased the second which Hans Zimmer hired for many recordings during the early part of his career" 😁😁😁
Life is a strange thing: just when you think you've learned how to use it, it's gone.

Jack2jack
Posts in topic: 15

Unread post by Jack2jack »

karnataka wrote:
13 Mar 2022 13:47
Jack2jack wrote:
12 Mar 2022 21:22
Nice, very mellow! A Sunday morning tune IMO. And some really nice images too. My brother used to know Hans during the 80s and kept in touch with him during the 90s when they both lived in the States because my bro used to service Fairlights which were one of the first major computer based sampler keyboards and HZ had one and they were also much loved by Trevor Horn, Peter Gabriel, Stevie Wonder amongst others. From the Fairlight Wiki page "Peter Gabriel was the first owner of a Fairlight Series 1 in the UK. Boz Burrell of Bad Company purchased the second which Hans Zimmer hired for many recordings during the early part of his career" 😁😁😁
Wow, amazing, thanks for sharing that.
Love all sorts me, I'm always sifting through YouTube to find new music. My Mrs is a massive John Barry fan. We were planning to see him in London, but couldn't go in the end due to other commitments, wish we had now, he died soon after, the missus was gutted.😔

karnataka

Jack2jack wrote:
15 Mar 2022 19:59
karnataka wrote:
13 Mar 2022 13:47

Wow, amazing, thanks for sharing that.
Love all sorts me, I'm always sifting through YouTube to find new music. My Mrs is a massive John Barry fan. We were planning to see him in London, but couldn't go in the end due to other commitments, wish we had now, he died soon after, the missus was gutted.😔
Cheers! I love bits of music trivia like that. First commercial release in the UK that used a Fairlight was actually a Kate Bush album but Peter Gabriel had set up a company called Syco Systems and they were the UK agents for Fairlight which was an Oz outfit. My brother worked for Syco doing service, repairs & upgrades cos he was always a Wiz with electronic stuff. The people who used to drop into Syco was like a who's who of the early 80s. People like Dave Gilmour & Roger Taylor of Queen were regulars and he once went to Stewart Copeland's mansion to do some on site repairs! Those were the days!

Libertarian
Posts in topic: 49

Unread post by Libertarian »

Anyone remember these from the 80s?

Libertarian

CurtessECarr
Posts in topic: 14

Unread post by CurtessECarr »

Summers coming time to dream the day away. :)

Libertarian

WxmJax
Posts in topic: 16

Unread post by WxmJax »

Has to be this one.

Darran
Posts in topic: 23