Investment Thread

It does exactly what it says on the tin. If it's not about football then it belongs in here for discussion. Once again we ask that you respect your fellow posters.

Longlostjack
Posts in topic: 16

Re: Investment Thread

Unread post by Longlostjack »

Jackmanandboy wrote:
28 Nov 2020 13:11
Longlostjack wrote:
24 Nov 2020 22:50

Tesla has to be a car crash waiting to happen.

Yes all motor manufacturers can make an electric car and will be, get out of Tesla if you have any holdings.
Bang on. Watch Volkswagen. They’ll be coming out with some interesting affordable models in the next two years.

Longlostjack

JustJack wrote:
28 Nov 2020 13:25
Jackmanandboy wrote:
28 Nov 2020 13:11

Yes all motor manufacturers can make an electric car and will be, get out of Tesla if you have any holdings.
I think they are widely regarded as being in the Tech sector, rather than Consumer. I don't think that side of their brand will hold out eventually, with companies fighting each other in regards to the improvement of battery technology, and the use of hydrogen as a renewable source.

5 straight quarters of profit, I just don't particularly like the 'cult of personality' thing, while investing in a stock. Musk has been told by the regulators to stop posting tweets that intentionally cause volatility in the market.
Definitely. Jürgen Schrempp Daimler springs to mind. Musk is definitely no Jobs either.

Best_loser
Posts in topic: 14

Unread post by Best_loser »

https://www.theguardian.com/business/20 ... -jd-sports

Not looking good, had terrible management for years

I always tell the truth, even when I lie

Topic author
JustJack
Posts in topic: 51

Unread post by JustJack »

Best_loser wrote:
01 Dec 2020 10:05
https://www.theguardian.com/business/20 ... -jd-sports

Not looking good, had terrible management for years
Yep, another big name gone.

Very sad for the workers

I will be there first thing tomorrow to do a lil bit of xmas shopping of course.

Topic author
JustJack

Happy $20k day! and new all time highs

https://www.forbes.com/sites/cbovaird/2 ... 766b5119a3
Last edited by JustJack on 16 Dec 2020 18:05, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
JustJack

Been a strange week in the crypto world,

Ledger (wallet manufacturer) have s**t the bed, and although there was a known leak in June, some hacker, broke the code I guess and posted the dump online, so a crap load of emails and some physical addresses have been put out there, resulting in a load of phishing scams, and physical threats.

https://news.bitcoin.com/ledger-leak-in ... -invasion/

XRP (Ripple) then said, 'hold my beer' and got sued by the SEC, and is falling into oblivion, as I previously mentioned at the start, it's barely a cryptocurrency by definition, but a harsh lesson in risk and reward, as it was ranked #3 by market cap until recently.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-55415350

In the meantime Bitcoin has hit the dizzy heights of $24k, and is pulling up alternative coins with it, Litecoin hit $120 this week!

Topic author
JustJack

And as above, I stumbled across this website, which I'd never used before, and found out an email address I had from circa 2009 has been involved in 6 data breaches, all the way back to 2010!

It is scary when you think about it

https://haveibeenpwned.com/

Longlostjack

Computer security is a good bet. Crowdstrike and Palo Alto Networks for example.

Topic author
JustJack

I am amazed at how high Bitcoin is going in its current movement, now up to $31k, it is going to blow and pullback at any time.. which of course is naturally expected.

In other news a lot of alternative, privacy based coins are struggling under the weight of the SEC/Ripple mess, very weird time where you just have to be conscious and read the developments, but also not read too much as your mind will just implode..
Last edited by JustJack on 02 Jan 2021 14:15, edited 1 time in total.

A4Jack
Posts in topic: 4

Unread post by A4Jack »

JustJack wrote:
02 Jan 2021 14:14
I am amazed at how high Bitcoin is going in its current movement, now up to $31k, it is going to blow and pullback at any time.. which of course is naturally expected.

In other news a lot of alternative, privacy based coins are struggling under the weight of the SEC/Ripple mess, very weird time where you just have to be conscious and read the developments, but also not read too much as your mind will just implode..
Etherium looking a good bet I think?

Topic author
JustJack

A4Jack wrote:
02 Jan 2021 17:12
JustJack wrote:
02 Jan 2021 14:14

Yep, I'm 50% BTC and 25% ETH, along with LTC and POWR making up the rest.

I couldn't really go into a hugely deep explanation of it, but ETH 2.0 is going to be a massive thing, for the crypto space as a whole.

SEC need to f**k off though, sadly the time of regulation, although perhaps inevitable, is starting to loom.

A4Jack

Unread post by A4Jack »

JustJack wrote:
02 Jan 2021 18:05
A4Jack wrote:
02 Jan 2021 17:12

I couldn't really go into a hugely deep explanation of it, but ETH 2.0 is going to be a massive thing, for the crypto space as a whole.

SEC need to f**k off though, sadly the time of regulation, although perhaps inevitable, is starting to loom.
You’re right. I had a fair chunk in Bitcoin but have moved it to Etherium. Was looking at Litecoin too but signals don’t fill me with confidence!!

Topic author
JustJack

A4Jack wrote:
02 Jan 2021 18:15
JustJack wrote:
02 Jan 2021 18:05

You’re right. I had a fair chunk in Bitcoin but have moved it to Etherium. Was looking at Litecoin too but signals don’t fill me with confidence!!
ETH up 25% today!

This is truly bonkers. I'm constantly rebalancing my portfolio, selling and buying coins, I've made a very nice profit but there are some who must be making an eye watering amount with this volatility.
Last edited by JustJack on 03 Jan 2021 16:50, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
JustJack

From an eye watering high of $45k, and a 1 TRILLION marketcap, BTC is down to $32k today, crypto can be a cruel mistress, especially for those who jumped in at the top end. I have never seen anything like that in the last month or so, and the cool off was inevitable.

Good chance to do some cost averaging, and add more in my eyes, it could go even lower
Last edited by JustJack on 11 Jan 2021 18:31, edited 2 times in total.

A4Jack

Unread post by A4Jack »

When it drops to 27k that’ll be the point to go in big. Still think it’ll hit 100k by Christmas?