Investment Thread

It does exactly what it says on the tin. If it's not about football then it belongs in here for discussion. Once again we ask that you respect your fellow posters.

Topic author
JustJack
Posts in topic: 51

Re: Investment Thread

Unread post by JustJack »

Lifelong wrote:
23 Apr 2021 07:06
JustJack wrote:
14 Apr 2021 19:11
To catch up with this thread

When I made the first post, Bitcoin was just shy of $11,000, and today it is close to $63,000!

It now has close to $1 trillion market cap (value), more than Facebook.

The other coins I mention

ed;

Ethereum is at $2300

Power Ledger is at $0.53

In addition, it is a very big day in the crypto world, as the exchange Coinbase has been publicly listed, with a starting valuation of $325 a share!
Quite a heavy correction in the crypto market overnight, be interesting to see what happens to Coinbase when the market opens this afternoon.
A result of Biden doing something with Capital Gains Tax, apparently.

Very attractive buying opportunity

Topic author
JustJack

Another promising project is Brave (BAT) browser

Basically you download the browser, and they send up to 5 ads an hour through it, you don't even have to click it and go to the website, it just pops up with a message on the bottom corner, and you receive a reward, the BAT coin, that is kept in the browser.

Also allows you to contribute or tip BAT to content creators who are verified, for example I could contribute to creators on Chess.com if I so wished.

This is definitely the future, in regards to online content I feel.

I was a little hesitant at first, but the browser looks secure and is very popular in the crypto space. Ive earnt 0.30 usd in barely 2 days, that is around $52 a year, without potential price fluctuations.

Something for barely nothing, you can use it as little or as much as you want.

Best_loser
Posts in topic: 14

Unread post by Best_loser »

I always tell the truth, even when I lie

Topic author
JustJack

Best_loser wrote:
03 May 2021 23:51
I would bet my last Satoshi that whoever he is, he's paid to be an idiot.

Best_loser
Posts in topic: 14

Unread post by Best_loser »

I always tell the truth, even when I lie

Topic author
JustJack

Best_loser wrote:
13 May 2021 11:01
Sadly the unregulated nature means this is something that you have to deal with as an investor

Ive said it before but Bitcoin is not going to be something that people use to purchase goods or services, its spec has been surpassed by others in that regard.

Notice how Musk didnt say that he had sold any of his or Teslas holdings, and the c**t is probably buying heartily at the discounted price

In other news the owners of some s**t scam coin tried to pull a fast one by sending billions worth of coins to the Ethereum founders wallet (Vitalik Buterin)

So essentially this is a underhand tactic to make their coin look legit by almost forcing Vitalik to hold a signifcant share, or look like the bad guy by pulling the rug on it and sell it

He called their bluff and sold 1bn worth and donated it to the India covid relief fund.

Have to be careful out there folks, this coin was even being listed on Binance.

www.forbes.com/sites/ninabambysheva/202 ... ities/amp/

Topic author
JustJack

Interesting times we live in.

All bull runs fade and end, that is inevitable, but it looks like it's been combined with one last push from the banks to try and kill crypto off, because the more it grows, the more they lose control, that is for sure.

Of course I am in it for the long term, and see this is an amazing buying opportunity at a 20% discount.

Really nice entry point for newcomers who are comfortable with getting in.

Oh and the dip it's got f**k all to do with China, its just a big game

Lifelong
Posts in topic: 5

Unread post by Lifelong »

Over the past few weeks I’ve opened small positions in Doge, Miota, Trx and Xrp, it’s interesting watching the prices fluctuate so much. I’m holding them until this time next year, hopefully.😄

Longlostjack
Posts in topic: 16

Unread post by Longlostjack »

JustJack wrote:
19 May 2021 13:37
Interesting times we live in.

All bull runs fade and end, that is inevitable, but it looks like it's been combined with one last push from the banks to try and kill crypto off, because the more it grows, the more they lose control, that is for sure.

Of course I am in it for the long term, and see this is an amazing buying opportunity at a 20% discount.

Really nice entry point for newcomers who are comfortable with getting in.

Oh and the dip it's got f**k all to do with China, its just a big game
I thought that the banks had been getting involved in the Bitcoin business facilitating it as an asset. It’s not the banks who see it as a threat it’s Governments. They’ll probably take the line “if you can’t beat them join them”. There are already plans for an EU cryptocurrency for example.
Last edited by Longlostjack on 20 May 2021 21:34, edited 1 time in total.