FAO Mutey

It does exactly what it says on the tin. If it's not about football then it belongs in here for discussion. Once again we ask that you respect your fellow posters.

Topic author
Darran
Posts in topic: 2

FAO Mutey

Unread post by Darran »

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award

exiledclaseboy
Posts in topic: 1

Re: FAO Mutey

Unread post by exiledclaseboy »

A world without jazz. However would we cope.

“One of the great attractions of patriotism - it fulfills our worst wishes. In the person of our nation we are able, vicariously, to bully and cheat. Bully and cheat, what's more, with a feeling that we are profoundly virtuous.”

Topic author
Darran

Unread post by Darran »

exiledclaseboy wrote:
16 Jun 2021 22:05
:lol:

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award

Muteswan

Unread post by Muteswan »

exiledclaseboy wrote:
And I wished you a happy birthday too! 🙄

Niigata Jack
Posts in topic: 1

Unread post by Niigata Jack »

exiledclaseboy wrote:
Just have to get pissed instead,

Ooops hang on :lol:

Muteswan

Unread post by Muteswan »

I know the article is about jazz but it can equally apply to any type of music below the super stars or bands. I really feel for musicians unable to perform and earn as this is usually their sole income. Touring numerous clubs all over the country just stopped completely. Therefore, no income. Artists were usually booked up to a year ahead, accommodation booked, well in advance to get cheaper deals, and often deposits lost. The artists, the clubs, the knock on effect down the supply chain are all directly hit. Many young, up and coming musicians won’t have a chance in the future because of Covid. Imagine doing a three or four year course in university and finishing to a fifteen month lockdown(so far).
Venues will only be able to afford to book bands when they are able to take enough to cover costs of running the club and paying the band, which normally means that you need to have a large crowd. This could be a while away yet. 🙁
Another thing about the article, I’ve not been to many jazz gigs where there has been dancing. 😲