Oxford up next: what to do at LWB

Please only use this forum to discuss football related matters. Non football related posts will be removed to the correct forum. Please respect your fellow posters at all times and refrain as much as possible from the use of bad language.

Topic author
Cooperman
Posts in topic: 2

Oxford up next: what to do at LWB

Unread post by Cooperman »

This one will be interesting especially in the area of LWB / Ogbeta.

Squad rotation is a certainty but if he’s too stubborn to give Ogbeta a run out then that’s another black mark against Martin.

Will he start Ogbeta? My guess is not.

bakajack
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Oxford up next: what to do at LWB

Unread post by bakajack »

Cooperman wrote:
06 Aug 2022 19:37
This one will be interesting especially in the area of LWB / Ogbeta.

Squad rotation is a certainty but if he’s too stubborn to give Ogbeta a run out then that’s another black mark against Martin.

Will he start Ogbeta? My guess is not.
Thing is we lack pace and we lack delivery on the rare occasions that we do get in behind teams.
Ogbeta has both but somewhere along the line it seems that he has s**t all over RMs cornflakes.

JackFish

Unread post by JackFish »

If he doesn’t even fancy giving Ogbeta a game against Oxford then the lad may as well not bother. I’ve got no idea if he’s any good or not but we’re desperate for better wingbacks at the moment so it’d be crazy not to give him a chance if he’s fit.

Topic author
Cooperman
Posts in topic: 2

Unread post by Cooperman »

He could very well play Ogbeta who goes on to have a stormer. Then what happens?

Pontyjack

Unread post by Pontyjack »

Cooperman wrote:
07 Aug 2022 08:23
He could very well play Ogbeta who goes on to have a stormer. Then what happens?
He gets ignored for the rest of the season. Whittaker scored a hat trick in the league cup game last season and was hardly seen since.

Pegojack

Unread post by Pegojack »

JackFish wrote:
06 Aug 2022 23:34
If he doesn’t even fancy giving Ogbeta a game against Oxford then the lad may as well not bother. I’ve got no idea if he’s any good or not but we’re desperate for better wingbacks at the moment so it’d be crazy not to give him a chance if he’s fit.
I think there's more chance of Martin inviting me over for a game.