Martin - how long?

Please only use this forum to discuss football related matters. Non football related posts will be removed to the correct forum. Please respect your fellow posters at all times and refrain as much as possible from the use of bad language.

Topic author
Itchysphincter
Posts in topic: 1

Martin - how long?

Unread post by Itchysphincter »

I’d give him until the end of august and if we’re still playing like that, regardless of results, I’d say get rid.

jack123 wrote:
06 Dec 2020 21:08
:lol: :lol: :lol: You should seek therapy, with thoughts like you have.. Dr P is the best thing since sliced bread.

Neath_Jack

Re: Martin - how long?

Unread post by Neath_Jack »

We're stuck with him for a good while yet, unless someone passes a bucket around at a few of our games.

3swan

Unread post by 3swan »

We wanted to be quicker with the ball, but they put loads of men deep in their half and any team would struggle to break that down.

“We have to do a bit of work on that, but I said a couple of weeks ago that how we react to mistakes or difficult moments will define that we do, and it defined it today.

That's from the O.S.

Doesn't he realise that's the basics of football and always has been

Niigata Jack
Posts in topic: 4

Unread post by Niigata Jack »

Itchysphincter wrote:
06 Aug 2022 18:23
I’d give him until the end of august and if we’re still playing like that, regardless of results, I’d say get rid.
9pm tonight at the most if I had my way after this afternoons debacle.

Cooperman
Posts in topic: 3

Unread post by Cooperman »

If we sell one of the big assets then I would think that a portion of the fee will be set aside and labelled ‘compo’.

The next run of league fixtures are:
Blackpool (a)
Millwall (h)
Luton (h)
Middlesbrough (a)
Stoke (a)
(Takes us up to 31st Aug, Itchy)

If we don’t win the home and lose two out of three away then the guillotine will be ready to fall.

I’m ok with the quality of the core of the squad, yes we need wing backs but those two additions won’t mask the tactical gaps that clearly exist. We didn’t lose today due to quality, first and foremost we lost due to tactics - Martin’s accountable for these.

cmajack

Unread post by cmajack »

Doesn't he know most teams that come down here in the championship set up like that. As the home team you have to find the skill and tempo to break them down.

Niigata Jack

3swan wrote:
06 Aug 2022 18:40
We wanted to be quicker with the ball, but they put loads of men deep in their half and any team would struggle to break that down.

“We have to do a bit of work on that, but I said a couple of weeks ago that how we react to mistakes or difficult moments will define that we do, and it defined it today.

That's from the O.S.

Doesn't he realise that's the basics of football and always has been
He comes across as a clueless wannabe every time he speaks, he can't manage and he certainly can't coach, that much seems clear.
These users thanked the author Niigata Jack for the post:
dickythorpe

Risc

Unread post by Risc »

I agree with OP I think.

Problem is the club seem to have put an enormous amount of trust in him, the appointment of junior recruitment consultants etc are token gestures. Martin is making the calls.

Cooperman

cmajack wrote:
06 Aug 2022 18:44
Doesn't he know most teams that come down here in the championship set up like that. As the home team you have to find the skill and tempo to break them down.
All he has to do is read the Lee Bowyer quotes from one of our Birmingham games.

Niigata Jack

cmajack wrote:
Virtually every player he's had at the club with pace and creativity he's binned, whatever agenda he's working towards is not working.

Nocountryforoldjack

Unread post by Nocountryforoldjack »

He should walk after that today but he won't because he's ego and waffle
These users thanked the author Nocountryforoldjack for the post:
Niigata Jack

Niigata Jack

Cooperman wrote:
If we sell one of the big assets then I would think that a portion of the fee will be set aside and labelled ‘compo’.

Blackpool (a)
Millwall (h)
Luton (h)
Middlesbrough (a)
Stoke (a)

If we don’t win the home and lose two out of three away then the guillotine will be ready to fall.

I’m ok with the quality of the core of the squad, yes we need wing backs but those two additions won’t mask the tactical gaps that clearly exist. We didn’t lose today due to quality, first and foremost we lost due to tactics - Martin’s accountable for these.
Spot on Coops

Cooperman

Niigata Jack wrote:
06 Aug 2022 18:55
Cooperman wrote:

Blackpool (a)
Millwall (h)
Luton (h)
Middlesbrough (a)
Stoke (a)

Spot on Coops
We (he) needs at least nine points from those games.