Rotten

Please only use this forum to discuss football related matters. Non football related posts will be removed to the correct forum. Please respect your fellow posters at all times and refrain as much as possible from the use of bad language.

Topic author
Itchysphincter
Posts in topic: 1

Rotten

Unread post by Itchysphincter »

We are rotten. Russel Martin has blown his chance.

Any manager that thinks that Kyle Naughton is a playmaker and that everything should go through him should have his bags packed quick sharp.

He’s taken us backwards and his league one recruitment and turned us in to a joke. Struggling to remember such poor swans side in terms of aggression, application and attitude. We got easily beaten by a bunch of duds today.

Enough is enough.
These users thanked the author Itchysphincter for the post:
dickythorpe

jack123 wrote:
06 Dec 2020 21:08
:lol: :lol: :lol: You should seek therapy, with thoughts like you have.. Dr P is the best thing since sliced bread.

3swan

Re: Rotten

Unread post by 3swan »

Itchysphincter wrote:
06 Aug 2022 18:14

Any manager that thinks that Kyle Naughton is a playmaker and that everything should go through him should have his bags packed quick sharp.

He’s taken us backwards and his league one recruitment and turned us in to a joke. Struggling to remember such poor swans side in terms of aggression, application and attitude. We got easily beaten by a bunch of duds today.

Enough is enough.
A conversation I had in the week, where are our consistent 7/10 players that we can build on. Very few of our players look comfortable, the phrase I used last season was robotic but badly programmed
These users thanked the author 3swan for the post:
dickythorpe

Niigata Jack
Posts in topic: 2

Unread post by Niigata Jack »

3swan wrote:
06 Aug 2022 18:27
Itchysphincter wrote:

Enough is enough.
A conversation I had in the week, where are our consistent 7/10 players that we can build on. Very few of our players look comfortable, the phrase I used last season was robotic but badly programmed
Old the horses Clive, a 32yrold legend as yet to start mun :D

He'll improve us, used right of course but its a bit rich to build our hopes on Joe, but that's what a lot are expecting and its a silly expectation.

PSumbler
Site Admin

Unread post by PSumbler »

Niigata Jack wrote:
06 Aug 2022 19:00
3swan wrote:
06 Aug 2022 18:27

He'll improve us, used right of course but its a bit rich to build our hopes on Joe, but that's what a lot are expecting and its a silly expectation.
Joe Allen wont make us any worse

But he wont make us any better largely as everyone that plays around him is more static than concrete at times - until we instill pace and urgency into the team you could parachute in any player and we would look the same side and entirely predictable pretty much all the time
Been running this place since 2001, still gives me a headache now!

Nocountryforoldjack

Unread post by Nocountryforoldjack »

PSumbler wrote:
06 Aug 2022 19:10
Niigata Jack wrote:

But he wont make us any better largely as everyone that plays around him is more static than concrete at times - until we instill pace and urgency into the team you could parachute in any player and we would look the same side and entirely predictable pretty much all the time

We'll process the f**k outta him

Niigata Jack
Posts in topic: 2

Unread post by Niigata Jack »

PSumbler wrote:
Niigata Jack wrote:

Agree with every bit of that Phil, I wouldn't dare right Joe off, he deserves better than that for his achievements in his career, he's been a credit to football, his family, himself the clubs he's played and most of all Wales. Diamond of a player.
He'll give his all, there's no doubt about that, but people's expectations are gonna go over board I expect after the career he's had, its the same with lets say a 19yr old bursting onto the scene, one end of the scale to the other.
I hope people enjoy what he will give us with caveats of course.
Last edited by Niigata Jack on 06 Aug 2022 21:30, edited 1 time in total.

dickythorpe

Unread post by dickythorpe »

If Joe plays and no one is talking or giving him options he'll look bog standard like Naughton.

I couldn't get over how lacking our players were today in basic skills (false throw ins, passes to no-one) and no vocality.
We have a very poor leader in Grimes.
Last edited by dickythorpe on 06 Aug 2022 22:06, edited 1 time in total.

MajorR

Unread post by MajorR »

It’s early days but Something isn’t right. We’ve seen a number departures in the recruiting and coaching teams in the last 12 months and results wise things are getting worse. Ultimately Winter carries the can and has overall control and I bet he’s feeling some pressure over what’s happening.

If Martin was axed, I’d expect it to be linked to the sale of one of the clubs best players because I think that’s the only way the club will have the money to pay Martin off.

If Martin is sacked, who would people like to see brought in?
These users thanked the author MajorR for the post:
dickythorpe

Longlostjack

Unread post by Longlostjack »

PSumbler wrote:
Niigata Jack wrote:

Bang on. No aggression. No pressing. No attacking opponent to recover lost ball. No quick transition. Static passing rubbish.
These users thanked the author Longlostjack for the post (total 2):
dickythorpe, Bluenile

Dewi1jack

Unread post by Dewi1jack »

There were times today I was believing that we've found the new kevin amaankwah in wood.

Bought a load of defenders, who have never been taught to defend.
Midfielders who struggle to pass forward or see players in acres of space.
I normally wait for 10 games to make an assessment
Assessment after today.
I really think this could be a long, hard season.
Enjoy life. Don't spend time arguing with stupid

Risc

Unread post by Risc »

Itchysphincter wrote:

Enough is enough.
League one recruitment is correct, he has brought in players who finished bottom half league one playing in this system, it doesn’t bode well.