Referee Announced For Grudge Match Between Swansea City And Cardiff City ...

Please only use this forum to discuss football related matters. Non football related posts will be removed to the correct forum. Please respect your fellow posters at all times and refrain as much as possible from the use of bad language.

Topic author
TheLoneRanger
Posts in topic: 1

Referee Announced For Grudge Match Between Swansea City And Cardiff City ...

Unread post by TheLoneRanger »

James Linington - the referee with some bad history for us!!

He was also in charge of our 2-1 League Cup defeat to Scunthorpe in 2009 when Garry Monk, Gorka Pintado and Angel Rangel were all sent off.

https://www.dai-sport.com/south-wales-d ... ge-match-b

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

JackSomething

Re: Referee Announced For Grudge Match Between Swansea City And Cardiff City ...

Unread post by JackSomething »

Lovely to have a referee in charge who features in the top 3 worst refereeing performances I've ever seen in person.

Linington's performance against Scunthorpe slots nicely in alongside Attwell against Havant and of course Madley against Stoke.
These users thanked the author JackSomething for the post (total 2):
TheLoneRanger, Badlands

monmouth

Re: Referee Announced For Grudge Match Between Swansea City And Cardiff City ...

Unread post by monmouth »

This massive tool could have a big say.

"Cardiff have a terrific record with Linington as referee, having won 16 of their 19 matches with him in the middle.

The Bluebirds have won all of their last seven matches with him in charge and he oversaw Cardiff’s 3-1 victory over Millwall earlier this season.

Swansea have won four of their 11 matches with Linington as referee."

Fireboy
Posts in topic: 2

Unread post by Fireboy »

The boys had better prepare themselves to get kicked off the field with their players getting away with it.

sainthelens

Unread post by sainthelens »

Fireboy wrote:
12 Oct 2021 15:55
The boys had better prepare themselves to get kicked off the field with their players getting away with it.
I've noticed an unpleasant undercurrent with some of our lot this season FB, and if it goes down that road then Sunday will not be a good place for the ref or the scum. ;)

Fireboy
Posts in topic: 2

Unread post by Fireboy »

sainthelens wrote:
12 Oct 2021 16:29
Fireboy wrote:
12 Oct 2021 15:55
I've noticed an unpleasant undercurrent with some of our lot this season FB, and if it goes down that road then Sunday will not be a good place for the ref or the scum. ;)
I sincerely hope it doesn't go that way Saint but if it does I hope for no1 the boys stick up for themselves and no2 the ref is all over it, I seriously doubt no2 will happen.

Dr. Winston

Unread post by Dr. Winston »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but since the Scunthorpe game he's actually been alright when he's reffed us.

"Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or fuckin' beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you've got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back"

JazzSwan

Unread post by JazzSwan »

I used to prefer this game when it was just a local derby, When did it change from being a local derby to become a "Grudge Match"?

Flashberryjack

Unread post by Flashberryjack »

JazzSwan wrote:
12 Oct 2021 20:30
I used to prefer this game when it was just a local derby, When did it change from being a local derby to become a "Grudge Match"?
It's always been a grudge match, and always will be.
These users thanked the author Flashberryjack for the post:
Badlands

Evanski

Unread post by Evanski »

JackSomething wrote:
12 Oct 2021 14:24
Lovely to have a referee in charge who features in the top 3 worst refereeing performances I've ever seen in person.

Linington's performance against Scunthorpe slots nicely in alongside Attwell against Havant and of course Madley against Stoke.
You can add Graham Scott’s performance when we played Sunderland in the PL, and whatever joker sent off Torpey and Heggs when we played Drizzle Rovers away in the mid 90s to that list.

Jacs y Canolbarth - Cangen Aberystwyth / Mid Wales Jacks - Aberystwyth Branch