21/22 The Official Swansea City vs Cardiff City Match Thread

The Matchday threads have become somewhat of a legend on Planet Swans. Here, we keep them all for posterity, watch how forum posters react as our games materialise.

Moderator: jackharris

Jinxy
Posts in topic: 5

Re: 21/22 The Official Swansea City vs Cardiff City Match Thread

Unread post by Jinxy »

Darran wrote:
14 Oct 2021 19:42
eteb wrote:
14 Oct 2021 19:26

sorry i dont agree with us being average. I think we will be a bloody good side in the next year or so.
We’re talking about now ffs.
Speaking to Cardiff fans that know something about football (a contradiction in terms, I know), they are totally dismayed and want a massive reset. I think we can all see what is trying to be achieved here, with a pain barrier we have to go through as our players get better and better at the system. In that way alone, I think we are better than average, and them worse with no plan to improve.

Darran
Posts in topic: 4

Unread post by Darran »

Jinxy wrote:
14 Oct 2021 21:19
Darran wrote:
14 Oct 2021 19:42

We’re talking about now ffs.
Speaking to Cardiff fans that know something about football (a contradiction in terms, I know), they are totally dismayed and want a massive reset. I think we can all see what is trying to be achieved here, with a pain barrier we have to go through as our players get better and better at the system. In that way alone, I think we are better than average, and them worse with no plan to improve.
From what I’ve seen so far this season I agree with you.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award

crazedbison
Posts in topic: 3

Unread post by crazedbison »

I don’t believe it’s been mentioned but it appears the half marathon is Sunday and a number of roads will be closed.

Should be interesting….

Topic author
jackharris
Posts in topic: 10

Unread post by jackharris »

Topic author
jackharris

Topic author
jackharris

Topic author
jackharris

Last edited by jackharris on 15 Oct 2021 12:36, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
jackharris

karnataka
Posts in topic: 2

Unread post by karnataka »

jackharris wrote:
15 Oct 2021 12:34
Who on earth have the club got in charge of publicity statements and wouldn't a GCSE Grade 1 in English be a minimum requirement?

I've received an email entitled "Derby day preperations". I think you'll find that should say "preparations". Now we have the above Twitter statement mentioning "a fourth criteria". 'Criteria' is the plural of 'criterion' so it should say "a fourth criterion". So amateurish. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Maybe they were educated here
Last edited by karnataka on 15 Oct 2021 13:28, edited 1 time in total.

legoman
Posts in topic: 1

Unread post by legoman »

karnataka wrote:
15 Oct 2021 13:19
jackharris wrote:
15 Oct 2021 12:34
Who on earth have the club got in charge of publicity statements and wouldn't a GCSE Grade 1 in English be a minimum requirement?

I've received an email entitled "Derby day preperations". I think you'll find that should say "preparations". Now we have the above Twitter statement mentioning "a fourth criteria". 'Criteria' is the plural of 'criterion' so it should say "a fourth criterion". So amateurish. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Maybe they were educated here
Can't get the staff, k. Really grinds my gears when you get some loon in the media saying that proper spelling and punctuation doesn't matter in this day and age. Well, to me it feckin well does!

Jinxy

Unread post by Jinxy »

So, the whole squad is available for selection - an achievement really given RM is trying to increase the fitness levels. The international break will have helped of course.

monmouth
Posts in topic: 7

Unread post by monmouth »

Jinxy wrote:
15 Oct 2021 13:56
So, the whole squad is available for selection - an achievement really given RM is trying to increase the fitness levels. The international break will have helped of course.
He has said players are available before and then they aren't. I'm not building my hopes up for 90 minutes of Ntcham. He won't play Obafemi and Piroe from the start anyway; he should, and really go for these whangers, but he won't. It'll be the standard team and the dance around in front of them. I just hope they don't hit us from a set piece again while we are doing our handbag dance. We need the first goal.

And the second one.

Jinxy

Unread post by Jinxy »

monmouth wrote:
15 Oct 2021 17:27
Jinxy wrote:
15 Oct 2021 13:56
He has said players are available before and then they aren't. I'm not building my hopes up for 90 minutes of Ntcham. He won't play Obafemi and Piroe from the start anyway; he should, and really go for these whangers, but he won't. It'll be the standard team and the dance around in front of them. I just hope they don't hit us from a set piece again while we are doing our handbag dance. We need the first goal.

And the second one.
I think Cardiff haven't scored in the 1st half yet this season? This being the case we need to hit them hard and fast. The first goal is always important, esp in the derby, and we need to minimise free kicks around the box, corners, oh and throw ins! I'm still confident though, and just hope we're solid enough at the back with no daft errors. There, I've said it...

Itchysphincter
Posts in topic: 2

Unread post by Itchysphincter »

Two more sleeps.

Excited now.

jack123 wrote:
06 Dec 2020 21:08
:lol: :lol: :lol: You should seek therapy, with thoughts like you have.. Dr P is the best thing since sliced bread.

sainthelens

Unread post by sainthelens »

Itchysphincter wrote:
15 Oct 2021 23:09
Two more sleeps.

Excited now.
This.
Derby day brings emotions absolutely like no other. Excitement/hate/anxiety/ tension/anticipation/loathing/comedy. All in the space of a couple of hours .
Cannot beat it.