Michael Laudrup speaketh

Please only use this forum to discuss football related matters. Non football related posts will be removed to the correct forum. Please respect your fellow posters at all times and refrain as much as possible from the use of bad language.

Topic author
Darran
Posts in topic: 6

Re: Michael Laudrup speaketh

Unread post by Darran »

"That was a shared decision, a really difficult decision. All our shareholders, and I'll emphasise all, were pushing to get rid of Michael Laudrup.

"That didn't sit comfortably with me, but it's something I went along with at the time."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47177171

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award

WalterBoyd
Posts in topic: 4

Unread post by WalterBoyd »

Best_loser wrote:
14 Oct 2021 11:30
Laudrup wasn't here long, he gave us our best season but then seemed to lose interest and had us on a path to relegation, he is still lauded and rightly so
Then there is monk, a great player for us, did ok as a manager for us, went on to manage some big clubs , ultimately ending in failure, so ok, monks teams style of play wasn't great but the demonisation of him by fans is a bit unfair I think

Football fans are a fickle bunch
What did he lose interest in ?

Not SCFC. Look at our F.A. Cup and European campaign

Lots of teams far better, wealthier and stronger than us struggle when they qualify for Europe. So many more matches, the travelling, our injury list was horrendous, Monk ( who had been a great servant to SCFC) threw his toys out of the pram and undermined Laudrup as he also did with Soussa.

I am sorry but I disagreed at the time and I still do for those blaming Laudrup. Everyone has an opinion.

He was royally screwed by factions within the club for a variety of self serving reasons.

Give me another 2 years of what Laudrup served up any day. Yes the 2 seasons. Look back at the matches and results, not just the Premier league games.

He did very well for us and I thank him for it all.
These users thanked the author WalterBoyd for the post (total 2):
J_B, Best_loser

Richard
Posts in topic: 2

Unread post by Richard »

Forward to 43:35. Lita on Laudrup.

These users thanked the author Richard for the post:
WalterBoyd

Best_loser
Posts in topic: 3

Unread post by Best_loser »

WalterBoyd wrote:
14 Oct 2021 23:15
Best_loser wrote:
14 Oct 2021 11:30
Laudrup wasn't here long, he gave us our best season but then seemed to lose interest and had us on a path to relegation, he is still lauded and rightly so
Then there is monk, a great player for us, did ok as a manager for us, went on to manage some big clubs , ultimately ending in failure, so ok, monks teams style of play wasn't great but the demonisation of him by fans is a bit unfair I think

Football fans are a fickle bunch
What did he lose interest in ?

Not SCFC. Look at our F.A. Cup and European campaign

Lots of teams far better, wealthier and stronger than us struggle when they qualify for Europe. So many more matches, the travelling, our injury list was horrendous, Monk ( who had been a great servant to SCFC) threw his toys out of the pram and undermined Laudrup as he also did with Soussa.

I am sorry but I disagreed at the time and I still do for those blaming Laudrup. Everyone has an opinion.

He was royally screwed by factions within the club for a variety of self serving reasons.

Give me another 2 years of what Laudrup served up any day. Yes the 2 seasons. Look back at the matches and results, not just the Premier league games.

He did very well for us and I thank him for it all.
Maybe it was everybody's fault, laudrup , his agent , monk, Jenkins , so many rumours were going around at the time , one was that laudrup was not happy about the distance he had to travel to fairwood , I have great respect for laudrup but I think he said himself he wasn't in love with being a manager , as you say its all about opinions and obviously Phil was in a position to know more and I don't disagree with his article or your post , I was just making a point of how easy it is to go from hero to zero with fans, maybe I'm wrong but I think monk deserves a little bit of respect at least
These users thanked the author Best_loser for the post:
WalterBoyd

I always tell the truth, even when I lie