Michael Laudrup speaketh

Please only use this forum to discuss football related matters. Non football related posts will be removed to the correct forum. Please respect your fellow posters at all times and refrain as much as possible from the use of bad language.

WalterBoyd
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Michael Laudrup speaketh

Unread post by WalterBoyd »

One of our best ever managers.

Those who disrespect him, need to grow up.

Some of the best ever football the Swans have ever played was under him.

Magic_Michu
Posts in topic: 2

Unread post by Magic_Michu »

What is it with Swans fans in always wanting to trash the legacy of any former manager and player?

Look at clubs like Liverpool and Man U and for decades after successful players and managers leave fans keep singing songs about them, adorn the stadium with flags with their names and faces on.

We just love to pretend they were sh*t.

I’d love to have something or that Kop spirit here… celebrating the likes of Laudrup, Rodgers, Trundle & Michu.

dickythorpe
Posts in topic: 5

Unread post by dickythorpe »

Magic_Michu wrote:
07 Oct 2021 09:34
What is it with Swans fans in always wanting to trash the legacy of any former manager and player?

Look at clubs like Liverpool and Man U and for decades after successful players and managers leave fans keep singing songs about them, adorn the stadium with flags with their names and faces on.

I’d love to have something or that Kop spirit here… celebrating the likes of Laudrup, Rodgers, Trundle & Michu.
Those teams you've mentioned have been just a tad more successful to silverware at the top level than us.

All about opinions of course.

dickythorpe
Posts in topic: 5

Unread post by dickythorpe »

WalterBoyd wrote:
07 Oct 2021 02:21
One of our best ever managers.

Those who disrespect him, need to grow up.

Some of the best ever football the Swans have ever played was under him.
So a contrary opinion to yours isn't valid ......who needs to grow up?

Magic_Michu

Unread post by Magic_Michu »

dickythorpe wrote:
07 Oct 2021 10:05
Magic_Michu wrote:
07 Oct 2021 09:34

Those teams you've mentioned have been just a tad more successful to silverware at the top level than us.

Newcastle still hold up banners of Alan Shearer... we've been more successful than Newcastle and Michu & Laudrup achieved more whilst playing for us than Shearer achieved at Newcastle.

Badlands
Posts in topic: 1

Unread post by Badlands »

Such a shame he had a traitor in the camp.

bakajack
Posts in topic: 3

Unread post by bakajack »

I would have him back in a heartbeat as manager and his right hand man as director of football

JackSomething

Unread post by JackSomething »

Magic_Michu wrote:
07 Oct 2021 10:14
dickythorpe wrote:
07 Oct 2021 10:05

Newcastle still hold up banners of Alan Shearer... we've been more successful than Newcastle and Michu & Laudrup achieved more whilst playing for us than Shearer achieved at Newcastle.
We won a Carling Cup, Alan Shearer was there for 10 years and scored over 200 goals, plus he was a local lad and Toon fan as a boy. The cup win was amazing, but 1 great season for us hardly means Michu should be revered here in the way Shearer is on Tyneside.
These users thanked the author JackSomething for the post:
dickythorpe

bakajack

JackSomething wrote:
07 Oct 2021 21:01
Magic_Michu wrote:
07 Oct 2021 10:14

We won a Carling Cup, Alan Shearer was there for 10 years and scored over 200 goals, plus he was a local lad and Toon fan as a boy. The cup win was amazing, but 1 great season for us hardly means Michu should be revered here in the way Shearer is on Tyneside.
He also turned down Manchester United to play for his hometown club instead.
At the time that was a huge statement of integrity

phact0rri

Unread post by phact0rri »

Laudrup managing us is easily marked as the point when I fell back in love with football. I'd been out of watching matches since my teens, and saw Swansea City against ManU listed on the TV. Had no idea welsh teams were even being televised in the US let alone lil Swansea Town. Sure we drew that match, but the way we played brought something out of me, I had no idea was even inside.
These users thanked the author phact0rri for the post (total 2):
WalterBoyd, karnataka

WalterBoyd
Posts in topic: 4

Unread post by WalterBoyd »

Great story.

Laudrup is one of Swansea City's best ever, most successful managers.

Wasn't here long, but made great memories.

Samba

Unread post by Samba »

WalterBoyd wrote:
10 Oct 2021 03:35
Great story.

Best football I've seen live was on a Tuesday night(or Wednesday?)against WBA, we were 3 up at ht playing football on a different level, ML was in charge...however, I honestly think if we'd not sacked him just before the 3-0 scum game we would have lost that. I think Monk brought pride and passion into the dressing room that week which unfortunately had gone missing under ML. After that, Monk was wànk.
These users thanked the author Samba for the post:
phact0rri

J_B

Unread post by J_B »

Samba wrote:
10 Oct 2021 07:33
WalterBoyd wrote:
10 Oct 2021 03:35
Great story.

Best football I've seen live was on a Tuesday night(or Wednesday?)against WBA, we were 3 up at ht playing football on a different level, ML was in charge...however, I honestly think if we'd not sacked him just before the 3-0 scum game we would have lost that. I think Monk brought pride and passion into the dressing room that week which unfortunately had gone missing under ML. After that, Monk was wànk.
Point of order. It was 3 - 1 at half time, Lukaku scored just before the break.

I disagree that we had lost pride and passion when Laudrup was sacked. The West Ham game was appalling but the game before we comfortably brushed Fulham aside and shortly before that we won at Old Trafford. Laudrup was not sacked for results and performances but for internal club politics.

Samba

Unread post by Samba »

J_B wrote:
10 Oct 2021 10:47
Samba wrote:
10 Oct 2021 07:33

Point of order. It was 3 - 1 at half time, Lukaku scored just before the break.

I disagree that we had lost pride and passion when Laudrup was sacked. The West Ham game was appalling but the game before we comfortably brushed Fulham aside and shortly before that we won at Old Trafford. Laudrup was not sacked for results and performances but for internal club politics.
Your memory is far better than mine 👍

For me, remembering the West Ham game has stuck in my mind. No pride or passion. From what I recall, I thought we were on a bit of a losing streak but obviously you've corrected me.

Oh how I miss that football 😒

bakajack

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013%E2%8 ... .C._season

We had won just 1 game in 12 from 1st December through to when Laudrup was sacked after the West Ham game. Our form most definitely was not bright and rosy especially after a patch of 5 losses and 1 draw in six games.

That said however you cannot help but wonder how much of that would have been as a result of the poisoning of the dressing room by GM and his cronies.