Rhys Williams racially abused during Luton game

Please only use this forum to discuss football related matters. Non football related posts will be removed to the correct forum. Please respect your fellow posters at all times and refrain as much as possible from the use of bad language.

Sirjohnalot
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Rhys Williams racially abused during Luton game

Unread post by Sirjohnalot »

Life ban for the person
Big fine for the club and if repeated, docked points.
These users thanked the author Sirjohnalot for the post:
Jackfath

Londonlisa2001
Posts in topic: 2

Unread post by Londonlisa2001 »

monmouth wrote:
18 Sep 2021 18:46
exiledclaseboy wrote:
18 Sep 2021 18:38

Oh. w******s.
I stopped going away because of the aggressive drunk ‘laddish high jinks’ that were often abusive and threatening. I suppose it’s lways been a bit like that, but I just noticed it more in our last season in the prem and a couple of games pre covid. Just found I didn’t enjoy the undercurrent.

Don’t enjoy the home games much neither 🤣, but that’s another story.
I do far fewer away games now even though much easier for me for much the same reason. Just don’t enjoy the behaviour very much to be honest. I tend to buy tickets for neutral areas when I go to avoid it.one of the reasons I love the Fulham away matches as they have a really great neutral zone where you can cheer for whoever you want without any fuss.

dickythorpe

Unread post by dickythorpe »

It's the pack mentality I have got wary of.
As individuals one or two would never behave in the way they do when grouped together and influenced by a minority of "hard men"

Nocountryforoldjack

Unread post by Nocountryforoldjack »

Disgusting and depressing ... Will it ever end.

dickythorpe

Unread post by dickythorpe »

Serious question....how the hell to some afford to go away so often?
There's some right headers who often look off their tits and certainly don't hold down regular jobs that never seem to miss a single bloody away trip!

Longlostjack

Unread post by Longlostjack »

Pre-Covid I loved the away games. Have been to a fair few and honestly can’t remember any racist s**t.

tim_healings

Unread post by tim_healings »

It’s desperately disappointing isn’t it. For the love of god I don’t understand what turns seemingly reasonable people into utter c**cks when attending the football. I don’t think they act like this in any other situation. They can’t can they? Racism isn’t acceptable in any way, shape or form so why don’t we react with abhorrence when it occurs in a football stadium. I know it’s tricky to front up to the numbskulls but if it’s 1000-1 they’ll soon learn

WalterBoyd

Unread post by WalterBoyd »

Itchysphincter wrote:
18 Sep 2021 21:13
Darran wrote:
18 Sep 2021 18:35

Yes.
We’ve got our fair share off bellends. One poster on a different board is perpetually peddling the idea that it isn’t a problem or the people that call it out are the problem. Disgusting.

Jackfath
Posts in topic: 3

Unread post by Jackfath »

tim_healings wrote:
19 Sep 2021 00:23
It’s desperately disappointing isn’t it. For the love of god I don’t understand what turns seemingly reasonable people into utter c**cks when attending the football. I don’t think they act like this in any other situation. They can’t can they? Racism isn’t acceptable in any way, shape or form so why don’t we react with abhorrence when it occurs in a football stadium. I know it’s tricky to front up to the numbskulls but if it’s 1000-1 they’ll soon learn
Do you?

Poster of the Year several times.
Hated by a small minority.

tim_healings

Unread post by tim_healings »

Jackfath wrote:
19 Sep 2021 08:42
tim_healings wrote:
19 Sep 2021 00:23
Do you?
I’m certainly no leader in fronting up so I think you have a point. Furthermore I’m often more of a d***head at the football than I am otherwise so I’ve just realised that I’m a bit of a hypocrite too. Just want to point out though, that racism and prejudice in general isn’t acceptable in any form but I suppose everyone knows that anyway?