RM

Please only use this forum to discuss football related matters. Non football related posts will be removed to the correct forum. Please respect your fellow posters at all times and refrain as much as possible from the use of bad language.

Ross
Posts in topic: 1

Re: RM

Unread post by Ross »

“He needs to sort out his best 11” considering he’s only has a full squad to choose from once so far this season I think perhaps you should give him a bit of leeway.

Yes that first half was beyond tragic, but Christ we’ve had games like that under even our very favourite swans managers. Remember Martinez losing to Havant & Waterlooville and the meltdown was absurd. We went on to win the league that season.
These users thanked the author Ross for the post:
BLAZE

BLAZE
Posts in topic: 3

Unread post by BLAZE »

The thing that perplexes me is that it was widely agreed amongst us that we'd take a season of rebuilding - a 'reset' - if it meant getting back to our favoured style. But by definition such a season would always include lost points, potentially a lack of goals and probably the odd drubbing or two. The reaction when that happened though was totally overblown. The first half yesterday was nightmare fuel, I won't try and claim any different, but it may not be the last time that happens so get used to it. Let's give the new guy some time and patience, it's far too early for the level of panic we witnessed yesterday
These users thanked the author BLAZE for the post:
Barryballbag

Itchysphincter

Unread post by Itchysphincter »

Vetchonian wrote:
18 Sep 2021 19:58
monmouth wrote:
18 Sep 2021 18:53
I said this about Cooper and I will say it about Martin. He needs to learn and show that he is learning. Cooper never did either.

Ask any whang that wants Martin out who they would have instead and where they would get the 3 years of compo from. I swear that some pricks, no names but cue a minute of ‘highlights’, still don’t realise that it was never a choice between Cooper and Martin when they pine for mummy and continually compare with new step mum.
Here I am......Lets start I dont want Martin out , i am not sitting here waiting here for him to fail so as I can gloat....I want him as i do with any manager who has managed us to be successful. Having to replace yet another manager will be suicide for us both financially and footballing wise as we get another tweak in style.

Yes I posted a highlights video tongue in cheek this week because I get so p1**ed off hearing all this Cooperball hoofball sh1t whn in fact we passed the ball alot last season and as I said a neutral watching the highlights from Tuesday and the Birmingham game from last season also a goaless draw would be hard pressed to argue they were the not the same manager.

Cooper has gone Martin is here I do not pine for the man but I do for the results he managed...without that comeback today we would be in the relegation spots whilst those below have picked up wins.....still early days but sometimes once sucked in there it is hard to get out...... or wish to continually compare him with his successor but Martins his start has been less than spectacular.....as you say it will be interesting to see if he is learning...todays starting formation and tactics were way off the change to 2 up top with more purpose with the ball less faffining about with a focus on retaining possession . How much possession did we have first half but that didnt stop them scoring 3 goals and they could have had a couple more whilst we looked nowhere near a threat.

As has been said elsewhere we won at Bristol and drew today playing with 2 up top and a no 10 whilst being more direct lets hope this is the approach against Huddersfield otherwise it is obvious Martin isnt learning either......when the starting line up was announced most fans took a sharp intake of breath and couldnt believe the selection....lets hope against Huddersfield he gets it right formation and tactically.
We might have passed the ball now and again under Copper but rarely with any purpose. It was generally around the edge of our own box until someone shat the bed and hoofed it up the opposition for it to start again. Time and time again. Some of the worst football as a style of play that I’ve ever witnessed watching the swans, and that saying something. Utterly horrible.
These users thanked the author Itchysphincter for the post (total 2):
Dr. Winston, MrSwerve

jack123 wrote:
06 Dec 2020 21:08
:lol: :lol: :lol: You should seek therapy, with thoughts like you have.. Dr P is the best thing since sliced bread.

Topic author
Nocountryforoldjack
Posts in topic: 12

Unread post by Nocountryforoldjack »

BLAZE wrote:
19 Sep 2021 08:09
The thing that perplexes me is that it was widely agreed amongst us that we'd take a season of rebuilding - a 'reset' - if it meant getting back to our favoured style. But by definition such a season would always include lost points, potentially a lack of goals and probably the odd drubbing or two. The reaction when that happened though was totally overblown. The first half yesterday was nightmare fuel, I won't try and claim any different, but it may not be the last time that happens so get used to it. Let's give the new guy some time and patience, it's far too early for the level of panic we witnessed yesterday

Yeah I get your message blaze.. I guess that, wrongly I saw our progression as linear and that yesterday's first half just caught me completely off guard hence the over reaction. It won't happen again and I'll just keep my mouth shut.

BLAZE

Unread post by BLAZE »

Dude you're entitled to your opinion as much as anyone, don't apologise for it 👍

I think all of us were freaking out at half time, you just happened to start a thread on it that's all
These users thanked the author BLAZE for the post:
Nocountryforoldjack

exiledclaseboy

Unread post by exiledclaseboy »

We wanted to be entertained. No one can deny that yesterday’s game was entertaining.

“One of the great attractions of patriotism - it fulfills our worst wishes. In the person of our nation we are able, vicariously, to bully and cheat. Bully and cheat, what's more, with a feeling that we are profoundly virtuous.”

JackSomething
Posts in topic: 2

Unread post by JackSomething »

Nocountryforoldjack wrote:
19 Sep 2021 09:03
BLAZE wrote:
19 Sep 2021 08:09

Yeah I get your message blaze.. I guess that, wrongly I saw our progression as linear and that yesterday's first half just caught me completely off guard hence the over reaction. It won't happen again and I'll just keep my mouth shut.
I second what Blaze said in his reply to this post. It was clearly the reaction of a big Swans fan who couldn't believe what he was seeing and that's totally fair. There's nothing wrong with losing it at the time, I doubt many here were preaching calm and patience at half-time. Coming on here the next day having had time to calm down and reflect rather than doubling down on what was said in the heat of the moment shows class. There's also nothing wrong with having doubts about Martin. I tend to agree with Blaze about giving him time, but there's no doubt that patience will be tested if we have many more 45 minutes like yesterday.

Ross mentioned the Havant loss under Martinez and that always reminds me of Matt the Jack's finest hour. Now that was a meltdown for the ages. :D
Last edited by JackSomething on 19 Sep 2021 10:20, edited 2 times in total.

Topic author
Nocountryforoldjack

JackSomething wrote:
19 Sep 2021 10:19

I second what Blaze said in his reply to this post. It was clearly the reaction of a big Swans fan who couldn't believe what he was seeing and that's totally fair. There's nothing wrong with losing it at the time, I doubt many here were preaching calm and patience at half-time. Coming on here the next day having had time to calm down and reflect rather than doubling down on what was said in the heat of the moment shows class. There's also nothing wrong with having doubts about Martin. I tend to agree with Blaze about giving him time, but there's no doubt that patience will be tested if we have many more 45 minutes like yesterday.

Ross mentioned the Havant loss under Martinez and that always reminds me of Matt the Jack's finest hour. Now that was a meltdown for the ages. :D

Thank you... I'm also happy to give Martin time, it's what I've been preaching since he got here, I just fell off the wagon yesterday 😂 he is building something really exciting I just polorised my view yesterday based on the first half and the jerked my knee 🙄

Topic author
Nocountryforoldjack

exiledclaseboy wrote:
19 Sep 2021 10:01
We wanted to be entertained. No one can deny that yesterday’s game was entertaining.
Spot on

Topic author
Nocountryforoldjack

BLAZE wrote:
19 Sep 2021 09:09
Dude you're entitled to your opinion as much as anyone, don't apologise for it 👍

I think all of us were freaking out at half time, you just happened to start a thread on it that's all
Cheers blaze

monmouth
Posts in topic: 4

Unread post by monmouth »

JackSomething wrote:
19 Sep 2021 10:19

What happened to Matt and Lisa. Unlike the rest of us, did they simply grow up? Or did they both find lurve?

DJack

Unread post by DJack »

exiledclaseboy wrote:
18 Sep 2021 17:38
18 Sep 2021 17:37

Nope and I don't want Cooper back either
No one in their right mind would.
Oh I dont know, Wingstandwood...er, I mean Andy Cole does.

No, my mistake you are right, no one in their right mind. Got it now.