Seems we've been paying two managers?

Please only use this forum to discuss football related matters. Non football related posts will be removed to the correct forum. Please respect your fellow posters at all times and refrain as much as possible from the use of bad language.

Topic author
Bluenile
Posts in topic: 2

Seems we've been paying two managers?

Unread post by Bluenile »

Article in the press today (The Guardian) says Forest have agreed compensation to us of £1.2 million for Cooper. Seems he was still being paid by us, as well as us paying RM!
Last edited by Bluenile on 18 Sep 2021 09:01, edited 2 times in total.

Best_loser
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Seems we've been paying two managers?

Unread post by Best_loser »

Lucky we were then

I always tell the truth, even when I lie

CurtessECarr

Unread post by CurtessECarr »

Which seems to indicate it wasn't mutual.

Summers coming time to dream the day away. :)

Dr. Winston

Unread post by Dr. Winston »

It's fairly standard practice when a manager gets the chop that they either get their contract paid up or end up on Gardening Leave until someone else wants them.
These users thanked the author Dr. Winston for the post:
monmouth

"Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or fuckin' beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you've got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back"

Topic author
Bluenile

Unread post by Bluenile »

Have to say 1.2 mill isn't too bad a pick up. That's if he e signs of course.

monmouth
Posts in topic: 3

Unread post by monmouth »

Dr. Winston wrote:
18 Sep 2021 09:35
It's fairly standard practice when a manager gets the chop that they either get their contract paid up or end up on Gardening Leave until someone else wants them.
Indeed. I’m amazed that people don’t understand that him leaving by mutual consent would mean anything other than a compromise agreement that can take any form. Could be a lump sum, could be a continued payment. He had a contract that both parties agreed to break. Doesn’t mean he didn’t run away, coward that he is, and doesn’t mean that the club wasn’t happy for him to run away, knowing he wasn’t going to succeed and would soon be booed out anyway.

In this case the club might have gambled that, rather than pay a commuted lump sum, someone else will be stupid and desperate enough to pick up the sap while his press and Sky myth is still credible (Swansea played good football, he is a miracle worker with no money, he is good at developing a clubs youngsters…all laughable). It looks like the gamble might pay off and the payments might be mitigated by Florist. He will actually ‘save’ them from relegation too, not that they should be there. Hughton did an astonishingly bad job.

BLAZE

Unread post by BLAZE »

Dr. Winston wrote:
18 Sep 2021 09:35
Still, you'd think we'd be have willingly let him go on a free just to get him off the books. The prospect of bagging a million quid in the process is a nice little surprise

Dr. Winston

Unread post by Dr. Winston »

BLAZE wrote:
18 Sep 2021 10:44
Still, you'd think we'd be have willingly let him go on a free just to get him off the books. The prospect of bagging a million quid in the process is a nice little surprise
If it's worked out as reported it's actually pretty savvy by us.

"Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or fuckin' beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you've got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back"

BLAZE

Unread post by BLAZE »

Indeed. Credit to Winter possibly? If Birch pulled this off there'd be people fawning over him

Darran

Unread post by Darran »

I still don’t understand why we are owed compo mind.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award

BLAZE

Unread post by BLAZE »

Darran wrote:
18 Sep 2021 12:14
He's still contracted to Swansea

We aren't necessarily owed anything. Forest could tell us to get stuffed and we'd probably still let him go for free because it gets his wages off the books. Actually getting a fee for him would be great business

Darran

Unread post by Darran »

BLAZE wrote:
18 Sep 2021 12:22
Darran wrote:
18 Sep 2021 12:14

We aren't necessarily owed anything. Forest could tell us to get stuffed and we'd probably still let him go for free because it gets his wages off the books. Actually getting a fee for him would be great business
It’s weird. We don’t want him but we are getting compo. I don’t get it at all.

monmouth

Unread post by monmouth »

Darran wrote:
18 Sep 2021 12:54
BLAZE wrote:
18 Sep 2021 12:22

Unusual for sure. Getting it from a third party in particular. It must be a very tight contractual clause, and they must want him very much, and he must be getting a pay rise and think nothing better will turn up, and we must be prepared for them to pull the plug. Or the reports are just bollocks of course and we just save the compo that we had agreed with him.

Darran

Unread post by Darran »

monmouth wrote:
18 Sep 2021 13:02
Darran wrote:
18 Sep 2021 12:54

Unusual for sure. Getting it from a third party in particular. It must be a very tight contractual clause, and they must want him very much, and he must be getting a pay rise and think nothing better will turn up, and we must be prepared for them to pull the plug. Or the reports are just bollocks of course and we just save the compo that we had agreed with him.
Thank you for agreeing it’s unusual. All these experts get on my f*cking tits.

Hunnymonster
Posts in topic: 1

Unread post by Hunnymonster »

I believe the same thing happened with Paulo Souza. He had a bit of gardening leave then Leicester bought him out of his contract with us. I could be mistaken for another manager though. Maybe Paul Clements?