Night Matches K/O Times

Please only use this forum to discuss football related matters. Non football related posts will be removed to the correct forum. Please respect your fellow posters at all times and refrain as much as possible from the use of bad language.

Topic author
airedale
Posts in topic: 2

Night Matches K/O Times

Unread post by airedale »

Don’t know about anyone else, but I’ve found recently that a 7pm k/o is more convenient as you’re left with more of the evening free. When I get home tonight it’ll be nearly bed time.

I’m considering sending a letter about it.

Pontyjack
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Night Matches K/O Times

Unread post by Pontyjack »

airedale wrote:
15 Sep 2021 12:59
Don’t know about anyone else, but I’ve found recently that a 7pm k/o is more convenient as you’re left with more of the evening free. When I get home tonight it’ll be nearly bed time.

I’m considering sending a letter about it.
Now that I’m retired, it doesn’t really matter to me what time we kick off. However even the 7:45 ko was sometimes a challenge when I was working, given I had about a 45 minute journey to get there, and ensuring I had something to eat beforehand etc. So I think an earlier kick off could put many people off going. 7:45 seems to be about right in my view - allowing time for people to get there without it being too late getting home afterwards. My main gripe with evening matches is when they decide to close sections of the M4 during the evening !

monmouth

Unread post by monmouth »

I can think of something else that might put people off going other than the kick off time.

cmajack

Unread post by cmajack »

Revert back to what it was in the 70s. 7.30 kick off, 10 mins for half time , match over 10 past nine. But as said above , there's other things that might put people off going to games, lacklustre , boring ,scoreless football.

Topic author
airedale
Posts in topic: 2

Unread post by airedale »

7:45, 8:00 just gulps the whole night. Why?

Jacket

Unread post by Jacket »

Some people travel to away matches.

karnataka

Unread post by karnataka »

I have a 1hr 45 min drive but I've always tried to get to midweek games but as I've got older, getting home just before midnight (assuming there are no closures on the M4) is getting a bit too much. I was really pissed off at the Sheff Utd game being 8pm ko and I've already missed 3 home games. Not sure I'm going to get good value for my ST this season.