Barnsley ticket priority for those who didn’t take refunds?

Please only use this forum to discuss football related matters. Non football related posts will be removed to the correct forum. Please respect your fellow posters at all times and refrain as much as possible from the use of bad language.
User avatar

Topic author
swansnews
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1077
Joined: 19 Sep 2020 22:07

Barnsley ticket priority for those who didn’t take refunds?

Unread post by swansnews »

Yesterday’s announcement that the Liberty Stadium will potentially have a 3,000 crowd for the play-off semi final against Barnsley sparked much debate as to how the club would allocate tickets – or more to the point which names would be in the draw for such a restricted number. The good news of...

Read more



User avatar

monmouth
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 1374
Joined: 09 Jul 2020 17:04

Re: Barnsley ticket priority for those who didn’t take refunds?

Unread post by monmouth »

“Season ticket holders who accept the streaming option and leave their money in the club will receive priority access back to the Liberty Stadium when  crowds  are able to return. This is not a guarantee of access as numbers may be restricted by Welsh Government. ”

Yep, that was always very clear. I wonder how many of us there are to go into the lottery.



User avatar

airedale
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 921
Joined: 28 Jun 2020 15:02

Re: Barnsley ticket priority for those who didn’t take refunds?

Unread post by airedale »

monmouth wrote:
12 May 2021 10:57
“Season ticket holders who accept the streaming option and leave their money in the club will receive priority access back to the Liberty Stadium when  crowds  are able to return. This is not a guarantee of access as numbers may be restricted by Welsh Government. ”

Yep, that was always very clear. I wonder how many of us there are to go into the lottery.
Plus the possibility that you attend normally with someone else, for example your partner, and only one of you gets a ticket, might make you turn down the offer.




STID2017
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 252
Joined: 29 Jun 2020 19:33

Re: Barnsley ticket priority for those who didn’t take refunds?

Unread post by STID2017 »

There are also those I know who still feel unsure of the risks and would turn it down on that basis



User avatar

sainthelens
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 1309
Joined: 28 Jun 2020 16:38

Re: Barnsley ticket priority for those who didn’t take refunds?

Unread post by sainthelens »

STID2017 wrote:
12 May 2021 14:57
There are also those I know who still feel unsure of the risks and would turn it down on that basis
How on earth are people now unsure?? Literally no deaths with covid. More chance of dying of syphilis.
Those people have been well n truly brainwashed.



User avatar

J_B
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1011
Joined: 30 Jun 2020 00:09
Location: Swansea

Re: Barnsley ticket priority for those who didn’t take refunds?

Unread post by J_B »

sainthelens wrote:
12 May 2021 15:04
STID2017 wrote:
12 May 2021 14:57
There are also those I know who still feel unsure of the risks and would turn it down on that basis
How on earth are people now unsure?? Literally no deaths with covid. More chance of dying of syphilis.
Those people have been well n truly brainwashed.
I’ve been double jabbed and was considered “extremely vulnerable” as I have been on immunosuppressants for 30 years. If I could find out for certain that the vaccine has triggered my immune system to produce antibodies I wouldn’t hesitate. The NHS won’t allow me to have an antibody test unless I am displaying symptoms of COVID. All the experts say I probably have some antibodies but likely to be less than “normal” but there is a possibility that my immune system hasn’t produced any. I’m unsure until every adult has been jabbed and we effectively have herd immunity.
These users thanked the author J_B for the post (total 2):
JackFish, DJack



User avatar

Swansea93
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 683
Joined: 27 Jun 2020 19:19

Re: Barnsley ticket priority for those who didn’t take refunds?

Unread post by Swansea93 »

All 20/21 seasonal members. Please note, U12s must be accompanied by an adult/guardian.

This is Barnsley’s eligibility for their ballot allocation.




thefranchise
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 447
Joined: 13 Jul 2020 18:03

Re: Barnsley ticket priority for those who didn’t take refunds?

Unread post by thefranchise »

J_B wrote:
12 May 2021 15:26
sainthelens wrote:
12 May 2021 15:04


How on earth are people now unsure?? Literally no deaths with covid. More chance of dying of syphilis.
Those people have been well n truly brainwashed.
I’ve been double jabbed and was considered “extremely vulnerable” as I have been on immunosuppressants for 30 years. If I could find out for certain that the vaccine has triggered my immune system to produce antibodies I wouldn’t hesitate. The NHS won’t allow me to have an antibody test unless I am displaying symptoms of COVID. All the experts say I probably have some antibodies but likely to be less than “normal” but there is a possibility that my immune system hasn’t produced any. I’m unsure until every adult has been jabbed and we effectively have herd immunity.
Not at all linked but you can get private antibody checks https://medichecks.com/products/coronav ... blood-test



User avatar

Muteswan
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 1716
Joined: 27 Jun 2020 18:20

Re: Barnsley ticket priority for those who didn’t take refunds?

Unread post by Muteswan »

J_B wrote:
12 May 2021 15:26
sainthelens wrote:
12 May 2021 15:04


How on earth are people now unsure?? Literally no deaths with covid. More chance of dying of syphilis.
Those people have been well n truly brainwashed.
I’ve been double jabbed and was considered “extremely vulnerable” as I have been on immunosuppressants for 30 years. If I could find out for certain that the vaccine has triggered my immune system to produce antibodies I wouldn’t hesitate. The NHS won’t allow me to have an antibody test unless I am displaying symptoms of COVID. All the experts say I probably have some antibodies but likely to be less than “normal” but there is a possibility that my immune system hasn’t produced any. I’m unsure until every adult has been jabbed and we effectively have herd immunity.
I’m in exactly the same boat J B, it’s a dilemma.



User avatar

Dr. Winston
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 847
Joined: 27 Jun 2020 16:36

Re: Barnsley ticket priority for those who didn’t take refunds?

Unread post by Dr. Winston »

There should be priority turnstiles and a discount at the bar for the special people who left their money in. ;)


"Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or fuckin' beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you've got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back"


Niigata Jack
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 67
Joined: 27 Feb 2021 00:56

Re: Barnsley ticket priority for those who didn’t take refunds?

Unread post by Niigata Jack »

Dr. Winston wrote:
12 May 2021 19:22
There should be priority turnstiles and a discount at the bar for the special people who left their money in. ;)
With which the yanks earnt interest off and filled their pockets :o :P




STID2017
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 252
Joined: 29 Jun 2020 19:33

Re: Barnsley ticket priority for those who didn’t take refunds?

Unread post by STID2017 »

sainthelens wrote:
12 May 2021 15:04
STID2017 wrote:
12 May 2021 14:57
There are also those I know who still feel unsure of the risks and would turn it down on that basis
How on earth are people now unsure?? Literally no deaths with covid. More chance of dying of syphilis.
Those people have been well n truly brainwashed.
There are people with certain medical conditions or have undergone medical procedures that leave them extremely vulnerable to serious illness, even having had the second vaccination.
For you or I, all things being equal, we suffer little or no risk.
For these not unsizeable minority, there is a greater risk.
As much as we all enjoy watching live football, it is not worth anyone risking their life for
These users thanked the author STID2017 for the post (total 2):
Muteswan, DJack



User avatar

monmouth
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 1374
Joined: 09 Jul 2020 17:04

Re: Barnsley ticket priority for those who didn’t take refunds?

Unread post by monmouth »

STID2017 wrote:
12 May 2021 22:14


There are people with certain medical conditions or have undergone medical procedures that leave them extremely vulnerable to serious illness, even having had the second vaccination.
For you or I, all things being equal, we suffer little or no risk.
For these not unsizeable minority, there is a greater risk.
As much as we all enjoy watching live football, it is not worth anyone risking their life for
I get this, but isn’t the point that in probability terms I’m risking my life to a far greater extent just driving down and back than actually going to the game, so on that theory I should never drive anywhere, ever?
These users thanked the author monmouth for the post (total 2):
Muteswan, Dr. Winston



User avatar

Muteswan
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 1716
Joined: 27 Jun 2020 18:20

Re: Barnsley ticket priority for those who didn’t take refunds?

Unread post by Muteswan »

monmouth wrote:
12 May 2021 22:18
STID2017 wrote:
12 May 2021 22:14


There are people with certain medical conditions or have undergone medical procedures that leave them extremely vulnerable to serious illness, even having had the second vaccination.
For you or I, all things being equal, we suffer little or no risk.
For these not unsizeable minority, there is a greater risk.
As much as we all enjoy watching live football, it is not worth anyone risking their life for
I get this, but isn’t the point that in probability terms I’m risking my life to a far greater extent just driving down and back than actually going to the game, so on that theory I should never drive anywhere, ever?
Fair point, but I’ve the same risk driving to the game as you (maybe not as far as you) and then on top of that the extra risk going into the match . I’ve had both my jabs but as JB said previously, there is no evidence yet that the vaccine will work with people who are immuno suppressed. So our risks are probably greater than just driving.



User avatar

DJack
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 894
Joined: 27 Jun 2020 21:24

Re: Barnsley ticket priority for those who didn’t take refunds?

Unread post by DJack »

monmouth wrote:
12 May 2021 22:18
STID2017 wrote:
12 May 2021 22:14


There are people with certain medical conditions or have undergone medical procedures that leave them extremely vulnerable to serious illness, even having had the second vaccination.
For you or I, all things being equal, we suffer little or no risk.
For these not unsizeable minority, there is a greater risk.
As much as we all enjoy watching live football, it is not worth anyone risking their life for
I get this, but isn’t the point that in probability terms I’m risking my life to a far greater extent just driving down and back than actually going to the game, so on that theory I should never drive anywhere, ever?
I more concerned for your blood pressure when posting. :lol:
These users thanked the author DJack for the post:
monmouth



Post Reply