• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

So....Champions League Final

PSumbler

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If it is an all English affair what is the point in playing it behind closed doors in Istanbul?

Play it at Wembley and let 20k fans in (25% capacity) surely is a better solution?

This is UEFA, which is trekking 24 national teams across 12 countries next month. Making two teams travel to one country for one game won’t even blip their radar.

PSumbler said:
If it is an all English affair what is the point in playing it behind closed doors in Istanbul?

Play it at Wembley and let 20k fans in (25% capacity) surely is a better solution?

So, let me get this straight. The plan is for each team to let 4,000 supporters to go to Istanbul (total = 8,000 to bring the virus back, becauseTurkey is in lock down).

Wow, the Champions League really has gone to the dogs...I had no idea Chelsea beat Real last night and no idea there was an all-English final. Such a shame they stopped showing it on ITV, it was actually quite exciting to watch midweek European football back then.

Certainly makes sense to move the final to Wembley in this case, I suspect that there's some sort of contractual/organisational stuff in the way though.

I've said before, I think that the final venue should only be decided when the two teams are confirmed and they can pick a central venue. It's all to do with taking the final to different places and £££ though.

They should play it on an oilfield. That’s the only reason either of these average clubs are anywhere near it.

And champions league? Neither are champions. It’s utter bollocks.

monmouth said:
They should play it on an oilfield. That’s the only reason either of these average clubs are anywhere near it.

To be fair, City will be PL Champions when the final is played. :D

I can't see why the Turks can't be offered next year's final, or at worst have the 2025 final which is currently scheduled for Wembley anyway

From their point of view, you'd think hosting an unrestricted final with a 75,000 fan sellout capacity - without the need for jumping through countless covid hoops - would be a more attractive prospect?

If Arsenal get through tonight they'll be playing Manchester United in the Europa League final in Gdansk.
UEFA reckon there'll be 9500 tickets on sale, 25% capacity!

monmouth said:

Yes, Istanbul isn't a bad compromise for a Russia v UAE final :lol:

MrSwerve said:
I've said before, I think that the final venue should only be decided when the two teams are confirmed and they can pick a central venue. It's all to do with taking the final to different places and £££ though.

How on Earth, in normal times, do you pick and sort out a game of this magnitude with 3 weeks notice? Deluded.

Hammy said:
monmouth said:

Yes, Istanbul isn't a bad compromise for a Russia v UAE final :lol:

It's the same at all levels now. The south Wales derby is the Delaware Hedge Fund versus the Malaysian business conglomerate.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back