• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Martin: “Hopefully we will develop Man City’s player”

A4Jack

Staff member
Reaction score
Swans boss Russell Martin is hoping that the loan signing of Finley Burns from Man City will help to develop one of their talents for the future. As a result of the signing, it has allowed Brandon Cooper to join Swindon Town also on loan to gain further experience. Fans have questioned whether there...

Read more

It’s almost like he’s trolling us. I suppose at least Swindon and Newport are developing our players.

monmouth said:
It’s almost like he’s trolling us. I suppose at least Swindon and Newport are developing our players.

Can’t wait for L2. :cool:

Honestly can’t believe Cooper has gone back to L2, everytime I’ve saw him for us he’s looked decent imo, big shame we ain’t developing our own players.

Loans for youngsters with little experience, other teams cast offs, and the occasional punt with lower league potential that cost peanuts, that's our bag now.
Meanwhile, Matt O'Riley puts in another MOTM performance for Celtic yesterday...

Nocountryforoldjack said:
This club is a f*****g mess

I agree, I don't get all these loan signings, apart from developing other clubs players, its not doing much good for us if we got say 3/4 loanee's in the team every week, we'll have to start again in the summer when they all go back to their clubs.
Could understand it if we were pushing for promotion perhaps, but not where are now, plus experienced players we need, what's he gonna do with an 18yr old chuck him in the deep end and drop Manning or Cabango, :shock:

Swansea93 said:
Honestly can’t believe Cooper has gone back to L2, everytime I’ve saw him for us he’s looked decent imo, big shame we ain’t developing our own players.

He lacks a bit of pace, but he's been decent when he's played.

Niigata Jack said:
Nocountryforoldjack said:
This club is a f*****g mess

I agree, I don't all these loan signings, apart from developing other clubs players, its not doing much good for us if we got say 3/4 loanee's in the team every week, we'll have to start again in the summer when they all go back to their clubs.
Could understand it if we were pushing for promotion perhaps, but not where are now, plus experienced players we need, what's he gonna do with an 18yr old chuck him in the deep end and drop Manning or Cabango, :shock:

No issue with loan deals specifically for me but I struggle to see the logic in bringing in a youngster from Man City so we can loan our own youngster to Swindon Town

PSumbler said:
Niigata Jack said:
I agree, I don't all these loan signings, apart from developing other clubs players, its not doing much good for us if we got say 3/4 loanee's in the team every week, we'll have to start again in the summer when they all go back to their clubs.

No issue with loan deals specifically for me but I struggle to see the logic in bringing in a youngster from Man City so we can loan our own youngster to Swindon Town

The only logic is that of aspiring managers networking at the expense of the club's long-term interests.

To be fair, who can blame a manager for networking in the Premier League? All the agents are doing the same for the players.

Not the wisest thing for RM to say.
Why on earth would we develop another team's player, unless it is to get us promotion / avoid relegation in the process ?
Can't see either happening so pointless signing and stupid statement IMHO

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back