• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Madley’s mistakes confirmed by PGMOL – Patino misses out as a result

swansnews

Administrator
Reaction score
Bobby Madley’s decision to award two yellow cards to Charlie Patino last weekend have been confirmed as a mistake by PGMOL. Madley was the man in the middle last weekend when Charlie Patino was sent off for two first half challenges that left the Swans playing with ten men for an hour to hang on and...

Read more

Yet it'll be nailed on we'll have him at least another twice before the end of the season.
He'd be out of his depth in a Sunday League.

sainthelens said:
Yet it'll be nailed on we'll have him at least another twice before the end of the season.

A lot of referees are out of their depth at all levels. There are some at Premier league level that have made diabolical mistakes and yet their punishment is to miss the next round of matches, when really they should be suspended for 6 months. Unfortunately due to the shortage of good referees and the shortage in numbers of them we just have to suck it up and put up with what we get every Saturday.

Nocountryforoldjack said:
I can't understand why they don't now cancel his red card and let him play tomorrow.

That's the stupidity of the system. Straight red and you can appeal, but not 2 yellows. Would just be more times the FA would have to admit their referees got things wrong and they don't like that.

sainthelens said:

He's out of his depth in just getting out of bed on his own, clueless clown who shouldn't be anywhere near any football field.

Patino was unjustly punished by missing the last 68 minutes of Saturday's game but by not rescinding the red card, he and the club have been punished twice for the same error. That is just ridiculous. OK, the result has to stand, I accept that but it's absolutely crazy that an unjustified red card can't be rescinded. Ffs.

karnataka said:
Patino was unjustly punished by missing the last 68 minutes of Saturday's game but by not rescinding the red card, he and the club have been punished twice for the same error. That is just ridiculous. OK, the result has to stand, I accept that but it's absolutely crazy that an unjustified red card can't be rescinded. Ffs.

I'm not sure how it works. If there's been a judgement that the cards were wrongly given he'd be available, surely? They normally rescind reds if there's a successful challenge and the player becomes available for the next game. So I'm not sure if it's different for 2 yellows, or if Phil's post is referring to an informal conversation rather than a formal challenge, and therefore overblown a bit?

Bet yer last shekel we won't get a decision up there today.

JackSomething said:
That's the stupidity of the system. Straight red and you can appeal, but not 2 yellows. Would just be more times the FA would have to admit their referees got things wrong and they don't like that.

Surely they can overturn the two yellows of they've admitted they got it wrong even in jail they over turn a wrongful conviction and release the prisoner. Bonkers.

Anthony Taylor was demoted to the championship and had a mare and is now back up to the prem

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/breaking-anthony-taylor-chelsea-mancity-31379662

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back