• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

The Euro 2024 Thread

swansnews

Administrator
Reaction score
1200px-UEFA_Euro_2024_Logo.svg.png

Welcome to your Euro 2024 thread - we open with the group fixtures, results and tables which will update below.

Germany v Scotland opens the tournament on 14th June

What are your thoughts ahead of the tournament? Potential winners from your view?

FIXTURES

RESULTS

TABLES

merlin_190726470_d93f846b-f464-4c4d-81c2-f7b9a281a7c0-videoSixteenByNineJumbo1600.jpg

Mordor should really win this one. They have the best crop of talented youngsters I can remember.

The only hope to stop the darkness descending is Southgate, Pickford, Maguire.

And Mbappe.

England will top their group, followed by weeks of it's coming home, only to lose to the first decent opposition they come up against. The inquest will start and Southgate to extend his contract to the next world cup.

France will more than likely win the competition.

If the ' unwashed " can't win this tournament, then they'll shirley never will.
The only obstacle is Southgate himself. Total bottle merchant, and hopefully for all our sakes...that trend continues.

If the ' unwashed " can't win this tournament, then they'll shirley never will.
The only obstacle is Southgate himself. Total bottle merchant, and hopefully for all our sakes...that trend continues.
Can't agree with that Saint. They had a better side under Eriksson and Southgate has done consistently better at tournaments then he ever did.

Can't agree with that Saint. They had a better side under Eriksson and Southgate has done consistently better at tournaments then he ever did.
When Erikson was about, Spain and others were way stronger than anything right now. Its not about being consistent, he's bottled a couple of tournaments they should have won.
France aside, this is theirs to lose. The team they now have may override Southgate and his negative tactics.

When Erikson was about, Spain and others were way stronger than anything right now. Its not about being consistent, he's bottled a couple of tournaments they should have won.
France aside, this is theirs to lose. The team they now have may override Southgate and his negative tactics.
Should have won the last Euros.

His shit himself when they went one nil up and started defending the lead. If you look at his record in major tournaments there is an argument to say he has under achieved.

It was before Spain became great actually, back when they were perennial under-achievers.

Eriksson was in charge for 3 tournaments:

- World Cup 2002: Qualified by a whisker thanks to that Beckham free kick against Greece and then looked good in the finals, losing to eventual winners Brazil in the Quarter-final thanks to David Seaman's mistake.
- Euro 2004: Wayne Rooney's emergence gave them a great chance. They bottled it against France, having been leading after 90 minutes only to end up losing. They then looked great for a couple of games, only to completely bottle it against hosts Portugal when Rooney was injured. This was when Ronaldo was still pretty shit and they managed to lose the final to Greece!
- World Cup 2006: A very strong England team won their group after squeaking past the footballing giants of Trinidad & Tobago and Paraguay, did the same against Ecuador, then bottled it against Portugal for the second tournament in a row.

At least Southgate's teams have generally smashed the teams they should smash in tournaments. He took over after the Allardyce disaster and had a team nobody considered would do much in the finals. He lead them to the semi-finals before narrowly losing to Croatia, then had them as runners-up in the Euros and lost to the eventual runners up France in Qatar. Judging him against all other England managers since Alf Ramsey, only twice have they even reached a semi-final (out of 23 attempts). If he's 'bottled' a couple of tournaments, all but two of England's many other managers haven't done well enough to get to the the bottling stage.

No way for us to know how another manager would have done in his place of course. I don't think they'll win the Euro's this summer, but I would confidently predict their next manager will do worse than Southgate has.

Should have won the last Euros.

His shit himself when they went one nil up and started defending the lead. If you look at his record in major tournaments there is an argument to say he has under achieved.
He's just another Badgeman, like Cooper, Clement, Page and Monk. Not an imaginative thought in his head, just shape, shape, shape and be as negative and cautious as possible. Cooper branched out with Forest to counter attack at pace, whereas Southgate has criminally wasted the assets available.

Law of averages says they must win something, sometime, and there is no stand out team. Foden and Bellingham allied with Kane, could give them the edge this time. They have an embarassment of riches which hopefully he will waste by picking some donkeys and putting square pegs in round holes to keep 'shape'.

It was before Spain became great actually, back when they were perennial under-achievers.

Eriksson was in charge for 3 tournaments:

- World Cup 2002: Qualified by a whisker thanks to that Beckham free kick against Greece and then looked good in the finals, losing to eventual winners Brazil in the Quarter-final thanks to David Seaman's mistake.
- Euro 2004: Wayne Rooney's emergence gave them a great chance. They bottled it against France, having been leading after 90 minutes only to end up losing. They then looked great for a couple of games, only to completely bottle it against hosts Portugal when Rooney was injured. This was when Ronaldo was still pretty shit and they managed to lose the final to Greece!
- World Cup 2006: A very strong England team won their group after squeaking past the footballing giants of Trinidad & Tobago and Paraguay, did the same against Ecuador, then bottled it against Portugal for the second tournament in a row.

At least Southgate's teams have generally smashed the teams they should smash in tournaments. He took over after the Allardyce disaster and had a team nobody considered would do much in the finals. He lead them to the semi-finals before narrowly losing to Croatia, then had them as runners-up in the Euros and lost to the eventual runners up France in Qatar. Judging him against all other England managers since Alf Ramsey, only twice have they even reached a semi-final (out of 23 attempts). If he's 'bottled' a couple of tournaments, all but two of England's many other managers haven't done well enough to get to the the bottling stage.

No way for us to know how another manager would have done in his place of course. I don't think they'll win the Euro's this summer, but I would confidently predict their next manager will do worse than Southgate has.
Point I'm making buddy is I personally think this is the best side they've had for long time, but as you've partially said, they are perennial bottle jobs. As Monny said, please god he keeps the negative style ,question for me is that will the players he has listen to him. If they do...they'll fail, if not wer in for the nitemare none of us want.

He's just another Badgeman, like Cooper, Clement, Page and Monk. Not an imaginative thought in his head, just shape, shape, shape and be as negative and cautious as possible. Cooper branched out with Forest to counter attack at pace, whereas Southgate has criminally wasted the assets available.

Law of averages says they must win something, sometime, and there is no stand out team. Foden and Bellingham allied with Kane, could give them the edge this time. They have an embarassment of riches which hopefully he will waste by picking some donkeys and putting square pegs in round holes to keep 'shape'.
They've had an embarrassment of riches at their disposal every tournament since 1966 and have always come up short. I can't see that changing anytime soon.

They've had an embarrassment of riches at their disposal every tournament since 1966 and have always come up short. I can't see that changing anytime soon.
This will be one of their best chances. Spain, Italy, Germany, Netherlands all in transition.

Croatia, Belgium and Portugal not the sides they once were either.

France are the best, but even they never convince me when I watch them.

This will be one of their best chances. Spain, Italy, Germany, Netherlands all in transition.

Croatia, Belgium and Portugal not the sides they once were either.

France are the best, but even they never convince me when I watch them.
France tend to implode every now and again. If they do the tournament is wide open.

Just can't see Southgate having the tactical nous to get it over the line.

We had a chance to be there and we blew it, I’m not convinced by Page. Germany’s a great place and I have a feeling the Euro 2024 is going to be a tremendous tournament.

I think this one is very wide open as most of the top teams have flaws.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back