• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Brian Grey RIP

RIP Brian. I remember him playing at Maesteg Park in St Thomas in the 60’s.

Good player, & a good landlord in the pubs he had. His best mate Cyril Davies was also a good footballer who went to Charlton Athletic. Two good Eastside guys.

Brian had an unusual claim to fame - when he played for Exeter City in a friendly against the Swans in 1967, whilst still a Swan - as Exeter could not raise enough players to make a team.

He later went on to make his league debut against Exeter.

RIP Brian YJB

So sorry to here of Brian's death played football with Brian & Cyril at Maesteg Park happy memories wish I was there now.
Born in Swansea in 1948, a former Welsh schoolboy, he signed as a professional in September 1966, having been an apprentice at his home town club, he actually made his league debut for the Swans against Exeter in a 1-1 draw in the same month.
He joined Yeovil Town in July 1970 and helped them to win the Southern League title and reach the FA Cup third round in 1970-71.
He signed for Folkestone in July 1972, and later played for Merthyr Tydfil.
My condolences to Anne & her family at this sad time. I worked with Anne for many years and would have contact with Brian during that period. X

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back