• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Roberto Martinez

• Thread starter Darran
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 35
  • Views: Views 1,725
In no particular order

Rodgers
Martinez
Laudrup
Toshack

And possibly Flynn who kept us in existence when all looked lost
No Harry Gregg? Shocked I am.

Flynn has to be in the top 5, simply for saving our asses with the players he brought in. Without that, only Toshack exists (and he’s top in my particular order. What he did was blinding, and also prompts my agreement that Harry Griffiths deserves a very honourable mention for seeding that). So in order for me:

Toshack
Flynn
Martinez
Rodgers
Laudrup

Because apart from Tosh, none of them could have done what they did without the predecessor. Souza andJacket (particularly) did great jobs for us, but not in the transformation class of those 5.

I got slated a few seasons ago for suggesting that Harry was one of our best managers Steve. Clearly you are an educated fellow and have a clear insight on anything football related Steve :)
Harry Greg was Manager when I first entered the Vetch field, Harry took over shortly after.

In no particular order

Rodgers
Martinez
Laudrup
Toshack

And possibly Flynn who kept us in existence when all looked lost
Are you adding Flynn then? cause you've only chosen 4 😂

Had a few Sarsaparillas have we ? :oops:😂

Harry Greg was Manager when I first entered the Vetch field, Harry took over shortly after.
Harry Griffiths was manager when I first started watching us back then. A nil nil draw against Exeter I think. He turned us around and Tosh inherited the clutch of young stars and then brought the sprinkling of fairy dust with his ex Liverpool colleagues (and the ear of Shankly).
I knew his son and it was ages before he told me his dad was Harry Griffiths.

Do you mean Brooke Bond? 😂

Harry Griffiths would be in there for me and I'd definitely would put Laudrup in the top three'
Rogers
Tosh
Laudrup
Harry
Martinez
Sousa would be close to that 5 as well, IMHO
Harry Griffiths was before my time so I can’t comment, but Rodgers, Tosh, Laudrup, Martinez and Sousa are good shouts.

Sousa is not popular amongst many of the fans, but all things considered I thought he did really well. Club was very limited up front and only bagged 40 goals all season, the 7th placed finish just the one point behind Blackpool was a major achievement. I reckon his work laid the foundation for Rodgers success.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back